Monday, April 7, 2014
General Conference 2014
This conference was amazing like always! The talk that stuck out most to me was Pres Uchtdorfs. He spoke on being grateful in our circumstances whatever they may be. He said "Don't focus on the blessings we feel we lack." We need to be grateful no matter what. Another talk that stuck out to me was David A Bednar he spoke on the load we carry & that sometimes we think that when our load is light we are happier but to make it home to heaven we all must carry a load. He said, "Accept your circumstances instead of pleading to change your circumstances." That really hit me hard. Then Pres Monson spoke on having love in our hearts, to give love & kindness to others & to serve others. He said, "Blame keeps things open, Forgiveness heals." Be determined to respond with love each day. I loved his talk because it's truly something I need to work on, esp within the walls of my own home. William R Walker talked on cherishing our forefathers, this lit a spark within me, I have a deep desire to know my mothers Spanish heritage & would love to know her history. Something I'm really going to work on this year. Lawrence E Corbidge said,"You are more than a Human Being, you are a Child of God." We will have & be like then if we are faithful & obedient. Isn't that amazing!? I never really assessed that until he said it that way. We are more, we are likened unto him & that's beautiful to me. Michael Teh spoke on Laying up your treasures in Heaven. Recognizing when we have enough of the worldly possessions. He said The Lord wants us to focus on what's important & that's family relationships, serving others & understanding the doctrine of Christ. "For where your treasure is there will your heart be also." I'm sure there were others that stood out, but these are just a few. I'm grateful for the messages, guidance & warnings that were shared. It brings me to the path I need to be on. It helps me to want to be a better person. I love this gospel, I live it & learn so much from it. Without it I would be lost, lonely & dead within my soul. This church is true, these leaders are inspired by God & I'm so grateful to be a part of this Zion, this is my testimony in Jesus name, Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment