Monday, April 7, 2014

My mom

My mom called me last Friday as she knew I don't work on Fridays...Pulu was walking out the front door to go to a funeral & my mom calls crying hysterically that she needs me to take her to her drs appt that her hernia (next to her belly button) is misplaced & she's in lots of pain. I stop Pulu at the door, explain to him the situation & he drops me off to take my mom. When we got to the drs office, my mom looking in dyer pain the dr looks at it the hernia because it protrudes out of her stomach, he feels a lil & tells us to go to the ER because it looks too tight & he doesn't want to strain it. So we head up to the U of U ER & after all the confusion we had to deal with up there (the u of u hospital sucks so bad) My mom was in a room, hooked up to IVs & all that. She was at an 8/10 for pain, the surgeons came in & tried to push her hernia back into place & failed twice..meanwhile my mom crying in pure pain & agony. My dad, Bubs & our neighbor Vehikite gave my mom a blessing. It was beautiful & immediately after there was this calming effect that filed the room. The medication that wasn't working, suddenly she could feel working & when the drs told her they were going to have to perform Emergency Surgery she just said ok...knowing it's going to cost a fortune she plead in tears to my dad that it was gonna cost them so much. My dad comforting her said Don't worry about the cost, just worry about your life. I'm so grateful for such an affectionate loving father, he never left her side & cried when she cried, held her hand, rubbed her bk & gave her endless kisses to her forehead. I love my dad for loving her so much. Well about 45mins after the blessing my mom went into surgery & came out strong as ever. She hasn't complained, she's just grateful. Me & my brothers & sisters have gone up everyday bringing food to my dad, my mom is on liquids only. Spending time up there talking, laughing, teasing. This experience with my parents made me realize my parents won't be with me always...they are getting older & it really scares me. I look at my parents in a whole new light. I cherish my parents, I love them & need them still in my life :'( I'm grateful for the Power of the Priesthood to comfort us & to strengthen my mom in this trial she faced. I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father for hearing my pleas as I held strong for my mom & dad. Parents are such blessings & one I will never take for granted again. I luv my momma & I'm so happy she gets to come home today. (: 
My dad comforting my mom. He ran str8 from work when I text him. (: 

No comments: