Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas

Update on Christmas. This year was sooo nice, I really had a great holiday. I went to Burls Cousins Night In Annual Christmas Party. Dec 14..It was AWESOME! I just love her, she's the best & sooo funny! We played so many games, she gave out TONz of prizes & it was a great turnout! Next party was my work party. Me & Linda (my boss) had to put it together. So I YouTubed how to make bows tutorial and learned to make those beautiful big bows online. It was so fun! We had it catered by Meiers and the food was amazing! They gave out $25 gift cards to Walmart woot woot & then everyone got a bonus. (Envelope from Pres Smart) with cash in it! I was so happy!! The next party was my families ugly sweater party/white elephant GNI. My girl cousins are the funniest people I know! We had a freakin bomb night playing games, eating Pinterest inspired hors d'oeuvres. It was a bomb night. Then Christmas Day came & we got up around 8-8:30am. Jay & Ariana were all ready waiting by the tree dying to open their gifts....but I said we need to say a prayer to give thanks. After that I showed them the video on LSD.org of the story of the birth of Jesus. It was humbling, I cried. Then I told them that's why we carry on our tradition of 3 gifts only. Jesus only received 3 gifts & it's him we celebrate. So my kids get 1-a need 2-a want 3- spiritual gift. They never expect more than what the savior received. It keeps em humble on this materialistic holiday. After opening their gifts, Pulu made us breakfast Hawaiian style! Spam, eggs & rice! It was delish!! We then cleaned up, started cooking for the party later with my family. I made curry & Pulu had to work:( So we went to my family's party & we ate great food, played some games, watched my nieces & nephews sing to us & then Sister Otukolo called me! I was ecstatic to hear from her!! We had a great talk for over an hour & 1/2. I am so proud of her accomplishments & hearing her growing experiences. It's wonderful. Then after we came home & KNOCKED OUT! It was an eventful holiday, full of love & great times. Merry Christmas 2012! Bring it on 2013!! Yeeeee









No comments: