Thursday, December 13, 2012

Great Story

Hilary Weeks was our Guest of Honor at our Relief Society Christmas Party. She picks 3 intimate concerts to do a year around Christmas time & our RS Pres won!! We were so lucky to have her & I really enjoyed her as a person as well as her beautiful voice singing. She is so funny, I loved her stories. She was born & raised in Alaska. She told a story about when she was in High School her dad took her for a drive, just to have one on one time with her. He took her to this place where you can look at the ocean, she said in Alaska they have mud flats, not sandy beaches. So they have signs everywhere that say do not walk here everywhere along the beach. While they were parked they could see a group of teenagers playing by this water bank. She said that the tide comes in twice a day and when it comes it fills that bank, not even boats are allowed under that loop hole because when the tide comes its almost impossible to get out of there. Anyway her dad turned to her and said if one of those kids fell in there would she go and try and help them out if they were close by the shore? She replied, "Yeah I would". He then asked, "Do you think I would help?" She replied yes instantly she knew her dad would. He then asked, "What if they weren't close to the shore, but the tide took em further out, would u help them then?" She really had to think about it, after a minute she replied, "No I don't think I would." He then asked, "Do u think I would?" She thought again for a minute, knowing her dad is stronger than she, and a better swimmer she replied, "No, I still think if u did you would just be killing yourself cause the tide is too strong." He then asked her, "If that were you that was further out, do u think I would jump in and help you?" She replied immediately, "Yes dad, I know you would."
That lesson taught her a lifelong lesson that no matter how far or deep you feel you have gotten, The Lord will always jump in to help you if you trust & believe in him, we all can be saved!
I absolutely loved how she compared her father to The Lord. It was a great analogy of how to be Christlike & to also repent and come unto The Lord. I'm so grateful I was able to be there and to hear her testimony and her beautiful voice.
She also gave us all gifts. They were number clickers. You click every time you think something positive. It's such a great idea. I loved every minute of the concert. If you haven't heard of her, YouTube her. She's amazing!! Put me right into the Christmas Spirit. (:

No comments: