Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sister Otukolo

There's not a day that passes where I don't think of her. I truly miss her, but I know she is where she needs to be & is doing a great job too. She has been serving in NY for going into 8 months & her and her companion have had 4 baptisms! That says a lot, & who knows how many lives she's embedded a seed into their hearts. I'm super proud of her progress, her testimony is what amazes me most. I always knew she had one, but to see someone else gain a testimony of Christ is a beautiful thing to see. I've always wanted to serve a mission and one day I'll be able to when I'm old-er!!! Lol. I can't wait, I have such a deep love & respect for missionaries who willingly serve with all they have at such a young age. Sister Otukolo shared a personal story with me about an investigator they have been teaching. He told Nancy & her comp that his mom and him had a deep conversation where she asked him why do u really want to get baptized into this church. He said I told my mom the truth. I told her I like u two, but I really like u Sister O! She said she was taken back & felt so awkward. She told him her purpose is to serve the Lord by teaching those who stand in darkness & want to know the truth. Not to hook up or start a relationship, but to be a mouthpiece for our Heavenly Father. He told her he still wanted to take lessons & she told & cried to her Mission Pres because she felt terrible about teaching him now knowing his feelings towards her. But the Mission Pres told her from now they'll have to go with the Elders, or Emergency Transfer her :( She was really sad about that, but I told her after hearing what she wrote was, "Sister Otukolo you are an amazing woman & what man wouldn't like a beautiful, spiritual, fun loving gal like you." she really had nothing to be ashamed of or be sad about because she did the right thing. Her growth & beauty shines from the inside out & people are noticing her light & that's what I got from that experience. I'm so grateful to her for the example she sets for my kids & myself. I love you sister O and I applaud your efforts, your sacrifice & your time to help the people of NY! Can't wait to visit u when ur almost done ;) xoxo
P.S.
Maybe u should stop wearing dresses like this, then maybe the men u teach wont like u as much haha!!! Jk

1 comment:

Tala Motuliki said...

Hahhaa! Love the dress! Your words are always so touching Anna. You always know exactly what to say at the right time! I'm sure these words were very comforting to her.