Saturday, August 18, 2012

Work Life, Home Life

It's been a while since I posted, and lots has gone on. I am back to work. I started Aug 1st at Won-Door again, thank goodness I contacted my old boss Linda. She is thee BEST! Pulu & I have always been in the content mode as far as money goes. We don't really talk about finances, we argue, blame & complain about it to one another. I would get upset, make him work more hours, he would say I'm spending too much, blah blah, it would go on & on. Anywho Pulu was sick of renting & decided to take matters into his own hands & wanted to start paying off his student loan. Well it's smart because the same people who give out mortgage loans, give u student loans, & if they don't see us doing that...then why would they give us a home loan. So I saw his point..but it's set at $210/mo. We can't change it, cuz it's in the contract to stay at that rate Til Nov. then after that we can file for deferment & get a lower monthly payment plan. Omg so since I work part time & Pulu works full time & we still were falling short, we knew we had to CHANGE something. So we decided that Pulu would either pick up a newspaper route or find another full time job & go down to ready reserve at Delta :( which I'm sure he really doesn't wanna do...but we need to get out of debt & own a home soon. These are the sacrifices we have to deal with to make this goal of being home owners & debt free possible. Home life since I started working has been fine, but I KNOW as soon as school starts its gonna be super stressful! Especially because I work mornings, if Pulu gets a morning job, then who's gonna watch our kids? Ughh it's so hard having to deal with this...but I know the Lord will bless us in knowing what to do for our future goals to become reality! We have to live poor for the time being so we can reap the benefits later! I hope we can figure things out & make this work life & home life co-exist. One day at a time....

1 comment:

Tala Motuliki said...

We deal with this struggle to and we both work full time! It sucks but you have so much family and support I'm sure everything will work out. It always does. One way or another.