Sunday, December 4, 2011

24 days...

Sister Otukolo will be reporting to the MTC in 24 days n counting. I'm SUPER SUPER HAPPY for her, but I'm SUPER DUPER :'( sad at the same time. Nancy has always been my "GO TO" gal. If I needed help with shopping for food, and had too many kids...I would ask her to come with me and help. IF we ever wanted a date night she was the one I called first to babysit. If I wanted to treat myself to breakfast, she was the one I'd call to come with. She is (tears) my little sister, she is not my sis inlaw, she is my sister! I have been married to Pulu for coming up in Feb 12 years! So I have known Nancy since she was 9yrs old! I feel as though I watched her grow into the woman she is today. Being like her eldest sis I was always preaching to her, guiding her in the right direction, comforting her when she was down, treating her cause she is so deserving and humble, and crying for her now that she is about to go and serve the Lord. I AM SO.SO.PROUD. OF. HER!!! I cannot tell you how much I'm gonna miss her, but I know what she is doing is for the BETTER of her and the BETTER of our church, and for the BETTER of our PEOPLE standing in darkness awaiting to hear her testimony. She is doing what is right, and my children look up to her with so much dignity. They want to be just like her, I'm so grateful she's taken the road less traveled in her family. She chose to keep on the path of truth and righteousness, despite ALLL the temptations, the hardships, and trials she was faced with during the process, she has withstood them all, and is leaving. Thank you Nancy for being that beacon of light to me when I needed it, and for showing my children that it is possible to CTR and to repent and come unto Christ, you are a perfect example of that! I love you sister and I will be praying, we all will be praying dilligently for your safety, your comfort, and your return with honor in 18 months time.
Love,
Your Sis Anna~

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I think it's so awesome that you're so close to your sis-in-law....I kinda feel the same way with Ova's little brothers, they were like 11 when we got married, so I've been there as they grew up! I remember when I was in the position your sil is in right now....counting down the days to leave for the mission....anxious, excited, scared...a little bit of everything! I don't know her, but I'm sure she's so grateful for your and your love and support! Just keep that up throughout her whole mission! One thing that missionaries NEED and LOVE is letters and updates from home! Keep in touch with her and she'll be home before you and her even know it! :) Congratulations to her on being able to, like you said, overcome all odds and do what is right!

carolineluvsulysses said...

I know huh Nancy rocks, the comedian the annoying one and the crazy sweet one at the same time LOL thats so true I feel like ur my cousin ha cuz I was close to pulu growing up jus seems natural... see u Thursday!!!!! love ya