Isabella Otukolo
Born Sept 15th @ 7:54pm
Weighing in at 8lbs 10oz
Full head of dark brown curly hair
Length: 21 in long
We got to the IMC Hospital about 11am, they checked me in and I was in my room at 11:25. They hooked me up, started the petossin and now the waiting game began. Started feeling contractions here and there, and then my midwife broke my water I was dialated to a 4 all on my own before she broke my water. As soon as the water broke maybe around 30 mins later I started to feel my contractions, and then they were hittin pretty hard at like 1 min apart. So my nurse lowered the petossin and still my contractions were coming quick. I asked the nurse to check me again, and I told her if I'm not an 8-9 then I want the epidural, I was a 7...I said gimmie the epidural lol...I couldn't take the pain any longer! So I tried people I tried! lol...After getting the epidural it was maybe 6pm...and then an hour and a half later another midwife came in and YAY it was Ida Ripley (she delivered Ariana and Jay) I really love her and was so happy to know she would be delivering my baby! So she checked me and said ok you're ready to start pushing. I pushed as hard as I could, and she said I was making progress. Then my lil sister walked in (Lina) and I pushed I think 5 more times and her head came out, she was screaming her lungs out, as soon as she came out, and Pulu cut her umbilical cord I started crying, she was so beautiful, I had never cried after one of my babies come out, cause I'm so stunned and tired and happy. But when Isabella came out I was so overcome with emotion, I think cause I was in so much pain before, and having her come out was just soooo relieving and plus I feel that she is our last! They did skin to skin and she immediately fell asleep on my chest, it was a moment I'll treasure forever. My mom, Lina and Pulu were all in the room with me. I'm so grateful to have them be my support system, and also to my sis Cia who took my other kids while I was giving birth. She brought them up to my room after and they had NO idea I was giving birth. Jay's face was priceless. He was like, "Mom you had the baby?" haha Ariana admitted to me that she had read a text on Pulu's phn and she knew lol...Selini was not feeling it at first, she was just confused and wanted to go home. But she is doing very well thus far.
I am so grateful for this lil piece of heaven. She is so cute, and she has the chubbiest cheeks and dimples on both of em, she loves her mommy so much, and sleeps at night, she has jaundice, and has to lay in her bilibed, but she is getting better. Mommy is not soo good. This is the hardest recovery for me. I'm trying to breast feed, and my breasts are so sore, I won't lie, I hate it..but I'm gonna see how long I can last lmbo! I hate looking at myself after birth the tummy area is so not cute, and yeah it just isn't fun when you are trying to recover with 3 other kids it's difficult, but I know this too shall pass. I'm grateful for all that we have and I am so inlove with you Isabella, my beautiful Bella :)







7 comments:
Congrats sweet mommy and beautiful Bella! Here's to a speedy recovery and being able to do all that you want to. Be patient with yourself you just had a baby. Your body and having the gift of a body is pretty miraculous! ofa atu!
She's gorgeous and I just love those chubby cheeks! Congrats Anna...Bella is beautiful! Hope you recover quickly!!
Sweet! She's sooo feti! I love her dimples! I really need to come see you! Feeling really bad about that! Take care and please let me know when you need a nap or what-not! I would love to help you. Seriously! I don't mind at all. Take care and get well soon! Ofa Atu and CongratS!
Awww! Congrats sis! She's beautiful & she looks just like you! Did you end up picking a middle name?
Congrats! She's beautiful. And I love that name!
im so in love with her already!!!
Thanks everyone. I love her soo much, and I find it so amazing after each child how much love I have to give out...it baffles me really. ne way thanks for the love!
Post a Comment