Thursday, September 22, 2011

Takes time to Heal

It's been a week since giving birth, and I'll tell ya this time around is a looooot harder than it has been in the past. I bled more after giving birth, my back aches more since I got the epidural, my breasts are still engorged since I decided to stop nursing, and I had to get a few stitches (TMI?) lmbo So all in all I AM IN PAIN!!! Like really bad to the point that I am so sad, and cry, and feel sorry for myself. My stomach is contracting what seems like every second of the day, and it hurts. I thought I was gonna lose it yesterday because Selini is sooo needy, she wants this and that, and she wants to help, and wants me to play with her, or look at her, or come see something. I mean she has always been that way, so why should she expect anything different from me right...ohhhh but it's been hard. Pulu is trying the best he can to do what I ask of him. The kids are too, my mom and sister Cia have been my rock and have come over and cleaned, and cooked, and taken Selini to gimmie a break. They are amazing! My friends have made us dinner and have given gifts and I'm just so extremely grateful to have such a great support system! The baby is healthy and she is beautiful! I call her my beautiful Bella (in an italian voice) haha. She is sooo cute, and I not only am with her day and night, but I even dream of her in my sleep. I am so inlove with her and I often stare at her in amazement that she was actually growing in me and that we made her. She looks like me too, which is weird cause all my other kids look like Pulu, or somewhat like him, or they're a mix...but Bella looks like my side of the family. It's weird to look at someone who looks like you. Anywho she is getting bigger and bigger and I can't wait til she is around 3 months, that's my fave age for babies, cause they're so cute, and you can get a real sense of their personality, who they look like, they just are so cute at that age.
I called my midwife today because I am concerned with my healing. I have a sharp pain in my lower abdomen area, and I feel it moreso when I get up to walk, or when I'm turning my body to the left, I can feel an ache. So it concerns me because I've never felt that way. A couple days ago I was feeling great, and decided we should go shopping and get a few things for baby and just go shopping...well by the time we hit Sams Club, I got real light headed, and had to sit in the handicap carts...I TOTALLY OUTDID myself that day and that's when the pain started coming. SO now I'm just chillin at home alll day, I don't do ANYTHING. I am putting all my trust in my family to take care of me, and the house :/ It's scary but so far so good. House is clean, the bedrooms are ok, and the bathrooms will be cleaned today thanks to my big helper Ariana!! :) My midwife told me if the pain was so severe then I had to go to the ER, or come in tomorrow to have them check me out. So I'll be going to my midwife tomorrow. Hopefully I'm just a wuss and the pain is normal!! haha Have any of you mothers experienced what I'm going thru?

2 comments:

saintlai said...

Belated Congrats!!! Hilarious that you say her name with an Italian accent. Beh-laaa!

Ane said...

I have had the same discomfort when I had my epidural with Kenny. I think it's just that your muscles and ligaments are still healing. But be careful and holla at me if you need anything. Child birth is truly a miracle. Take it easy and get as much rest as you can. Tell Chellini...Mio loves her! lol!