Saturday, July 9, 2011
The Question Why?
My mom asked me on FB why did I think I was able to meet an apostle in such a casual setting as Walmart? Why was I fortunate to meet him, see him, follow him, and leave at the same time as him?...(by the way he didn't buy any pants). So was I destined to meet him? Was I meant to meet him, was he sent there to greet me? I really pondered on that. And I don't mean to sound boastful, but I do believe he was put there for me! Now why? I think as a reminder to me of humility. Such a man as himself in Walmart looking for a pair of church pants, seemed so unreal! I think seeing him brought me back to ME, to who I really am, who I've been searching for. It brought me back to my childhood of wanting to meet an apostle, like a kid in a candy store. It was like all the hurt and pain I had experienced, he knew, and he was a messenger to grab hold my hand, as if to tell me all will be ok, with faith, humility, and church! I know the Lord is mindful of me, and I truly have a testimony of Christ..he knows me, and he's never left my side! I think that moment brought that realization I had in 2006 of Christ knowing me personally, my weaknesses, my thoughts, my yearnings, and desires to life the day I met Pres Eyering! I'm sure Pres Eyering has no inkling of what this moment has meant to me, and how it has helped me to gain a true understanding of what needs to be done in my life, but one day I will meet him again, and thank him for greeting me, and holding my hand when I needed it most~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that's awesome dianna! and you're right people are put in our path at times to help us, or the other way around.. I'm glad you were able to experience that.. and just you sharing your testimony of it also personally helps me realize the same thing! love it! :)
I don't know why this post made me want to cry. It is probably because the way the simplest act of kindness such as a greeting at a casual place from an apostle helped lift your spirit and strengthen your faith when you needed it most. Although you may not know this I do appreciate your kindness day in and day out when your here even when your having a bad day. It makes me want to better myself that much more! If your still up to it I would really love it if you could baby sit LJ sometime this week so I could go do a session. Just to remind me of my covenants that I have made in order for me to continue to receive the blessings that I was promised!!
Love this post!!!... Im with Klarah I was about to shed a few tears by the end of reading this post.... I know I need to start working on mine and also my familys spiritual level... Thank you for reminding me to do so through your words :)
Thanks for sharing, that was beautiful =)
Post a Comment