Thursday, July 7, 2011

Star Struck

So yesterday we were running around getting things ready for Selini's b'day party. I told Pulu we needed to get a lil swimming pool for her at Walmart, so we decided we'd meet up at the Glendale Walmart. So we're walking around and Pulu and Jay go one way and me, Ariana, and Selini go another way...all of a sudden I see this tall, lengthy man with a security guard walking towards me, I stare up and had whiplash because I knew it was HENRY B. EYERING! I turned to Nana and said that's Henry B. Eyering...another man passed by me and smiled cause he knew too. People were staring at him, but leaving him be. NOT ME! lmbo I was freakin out calling Pulu's phn so he could hurry up and bring Jay so we could take a pic with him. It has always been Jays dream to meet one of the apostles, and quite frankly mine too! So as soon as they came, we headed towards them. I had to make sure it was REALLY him..Pulu was like that's not him, I knew without a doubt it was him. So I said President Eyering, he responded YES w/ a smile :) I said would you take a picture with my kids, my son has always wanted to meet an apostle..while I was talking he came up to me and grabbed hold of my hand and said "What is your name?" (tears wanted to flow, I felt he knew how I was longing to meet him all my life) I said Dianna, or sister Otukolo. He said "It is a pleasure to meet you." He then asked what Jays name was and said "let's take a picture!" I was about to take it, when his security said here let me take it, you're gonna wanna be in this picture! I said ok, then Ariana was standing there and I said Nana come, and Pres Eyering said "Yeah Nana come on!" So we took our pic, I thanked him, and he said thank u to us and have a great day! His security went on pulling different pairs of pants off the racks, saying, "How is this Pres Eyering?" I couldn't believe he was looking for church pants at Walmart! lol..I love it!
I was and am just so humbled to have been able to meet a living apostle, and more so my children! I was overcome with the spirit of meeting him, the rest of my day was just a blur, cause I couldn't believe I met him in real life! I felt like he was an answer to my prayers! I hope my kids will always remember that moment, I wish Selini & Pulu could've been in the picture, but Selini was about to cry, and Pulu was hiding cause he's so shy! lmbo...I've never been star struck, it's an amazing adrenaline rush feeling! Yesterday was great, and who woulda thunk @ the Glendale Walmart?!! hahaha

10 comments:

Ku'uipo said...

Love it and so neat to meet an Apostle of God. Amazing!

NONU6 said...

What an awesome experience!

Anonymous said...

How neat is that! I would have been just as star struck!! Definitely an experience to remember.. :)

Klarah said...

Is it wrong to feel jealousy towards you and your kids for being able to experience something so amazing?!?! Well I do. It still so mad that as many times that I do shop or just go to walk around that Wal-Mart, the one day i don't go I miss an opportunity of a life time:( That is a sign that I should go there 6 days of the week and not just 4 or 5 days!!LOL!! Hope your week is going by swell my dear!!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How crazy that he shops at Walmart....who would've know!! Love that you weren't shy and that you had the opportunity to get that picture. Priceless! I see quite a few of them coming through the airport....I remember one time I was boarding a flight and I grabbed the boarding pass and scanned it and looked up because I saw the name on the ticket....it was Jeffery R. Holland....I started crying....that's how I react when I'm star struck....hahaha Wow, meeting an apostle of God in Walmart.....and in a Glendale Walmart at that....hahaha amazing!

pwincessdi said...

It was a moment I'll never forget for sure. Thanks for the comments everyone. Klarah one day you'll meet an apostle..maybe not jk haha! Monica I wanted to cry so bad when he grabbed my hand, it was like he could read my pain, sorrow, struggles in life..it was surreal. Yes Ipo, Sheena, and Verlynn..so neat & very very AWESOME!!

TrishHavili said...

How super awesome!!!!! I hate going to that Wal-Mart cause its usually a reunion every time especially when I'm with the husband but this makes me wanna pay better attention next time.

Sinai said...

That's pretty cool Anna!!! Definitely something you'll remember and especially yours kids. Glad you got a picture too. And at Glendale Walmart? Woohoo!

Tela said...

How awesome is that! What an amazing opportunity for you and your kids. I love the leaders of the church, they remind us constantly how we should be and how the Lord loves us sooo much! Thanks for sharing.

Trish. said...

Best Shopping Trip EVER!!! LOve it!!