Monday, February 7, 2011
Released
It has been a wonderful time serving these lil ones as Primary Pres I have learned and have grown sooo much through this calling!! I wanted to write down all the blessings I have received while I served so that I never forget!! I was called last January 2010 as 2nd counselor in the Primary and about 3 months after that they called me as Primary President. I was seriously overwhelmed, doubtful, excited, nervous and ready for change! I can't believe it's been a year and how in love I am with these children, how close they have become in my heart, and how much I adore the teachers, and counselors so much more! It has brought me closer than anything to my Heavenly Father! I feel like before I was close to him, but as I served and as my time came to an end, I could feel myself closer to him than ever! Last Sunday as we were doing closing exercises, my counselor presented me with a gift. It was a picture frame with a quote inside that said "Be strong and of good courage" surrounding that in the matte was everyone in the Primary's signature. It was soo sweet and cute, I love it. As I got up to say my final words to the kids, I though and felt confident that I wasn't going to cry again...because I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting and also in sharing time and cried everytime I passed someone in the hall who said they were gonna miss our family...it was a very sad Sunday. But I got up and started telling the kids that I am going to truly miss serving them. I told them that now I know a lil glimpse of how Heavenly Father felt (tears flowing) when he had to let us come to earth. My heart melts having to leave Cannon 3rd Ward, but like the bishop said to me....the Lord has plans for you and is mindful of your family's needs. I am so grateful to have been able to serve these children of our Heavenly Father and to gain a testimony of persistence and serving with all your heart. I learned charity never faileth. I felt the pure love of Christ through this calling. & I WILL MISS IT! On to another chapter in our lives...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You did such a great job-- I absolutely loved serving with you and I am glad I made such a good friend!! We are going to miss you but I am excited for you and all the exciting things coming your way! Love you!!
Making me cry again...lol. I LOVED serving with you! You did such an amazing job! Everyone will miss you and your family, we love you guys!
Post a Comment