Saturday, November 6, 2010

Time

Yesterday I got to spend some one on one time with Jay. We went to the D.I. and he picked 4 books. We were in the book section for a lil over an hour! Wheew it was pretty fun though. Haha we read some of the front flaps to eachother asking what eachother thought. It was so nice to be alone and talk about our likes of the same kind of books. We found out that we both love mystery books! He shared with me his favorite author, and mine with him. He's so cute!
Today I spent the WHOLE entire day with my baby Selini. We went to Park City, watched my nephews lil league game. Then we went to out to eat, then we went to Childrens Place at the Tanger Outlets...it was fun spending time with her. I gave her lots of attention, and I think she really enjoyed all of my attention. I noticed that when I was totally giving it to her she was a lot calmer. I wasn't irritated or mad at her like I normally am. It was a nice day, and the weather...WOW can we say thank u Lord for blessing us with beautiful weather in NOVEMBER!! :)
Tomorrow it's going to be a date for me and Ariana. I would like to take a Sunday cruise with her and maybe a lil temple square stroll...I know my attention needs to be focused on my eldest, especially because she is my most reverent, obedient, humble child. She is so special, and loving and she totally deserves all my love and attention on a one on one basis!
I love spending quality time with my individual children. I learn something new about them. I love to spoil them with hugs and love. I love to hear them tell me stories, that maybe if we weren't alone they wouldn't be able to get that in to me. I love being their mother!


Today made me realize how short our lives are, and how much time we actually spend on our children isn't ever enough! I am glad I got to see that today. And to be able to change that and be more mindful of my kids individualities and to be able to understand them on a more personal level. I am getting there with Selini...just gotta make the time, and I WILL :)
P.S.
Don't forget to turn your clocks back an hour at 1am! *singing* )) If I could turn back time (( lmbo

6 comments:

Ane said...

Awesome, it's such a precious thing for you to do! Everyone should do it too! Proud of you! Our one on one times come when we visit Ken...I let that kid pick out a treat...it's really priceless the time we have...I know it for sure! :) Keep it up Ann! I could totally hear you singing that song in your usual goofy pretend singer voice and I could even see the funky jacked facial expression u have to go along with it...hahahahaha! love ya!

NONU6 said...

One on One time with the kids is the best! You are such a wonderful mother and a great example! Thanks for always sharing your testimony and your love for your family!

Mauga Fam said...

I need to do one on one time more often then I do. Thanks for the reminder. You are a great mother, love ya:)

Tala Motuliki said...

how special, I know a family that does this with one child a week. and they love it! U can be my mommy for the day!!! LOL luv u guys

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That's so awesome! I need to do that more often with my kids. I was pretty good for a while a while ago, but have totally slacked off with it. I agree that every child needs that one on one time.....it's really good for the mother-child relationship. You're such a good mommy!

IONGI FAMILY said...

I love it!!! One on One is the best!!! My hubs and I notice that same exact thing when we can have one on one with each kid and not only that they love the extra attention =) ur such a great MOMMA!!! great post!!! A reminder to cherish the small things =)