Tuesday, May 11, 2010
90%Mental
Weight loss has been a struggle for me ever since I became pregnant with my first child. Before I became pregnant I had a nickname it was "ANNA-REXIC" haha not funny but it was because I was skinny looking. I wasn't at all near anorexic, I was 125 lbs...but had a figure of a 12yr old boys! haha I was straight up and down, no hips, thighs, butt, nothing! So when I became prego, I really thought I wouldn't gain hardly any weight. I didn't eat right, I never had before so really I didn't know what that meant! I didn't exercise ever...and so yeah 125 to 184 at 9 months pregnant was quite the shocker to others...well after I gave birth was when the shock for me set in! I was thinking I could lose this weight in a few months. I only lost 24 lbs and I have never ever lost more than that. After having my 2nd child I went down to 160 again...I was still trying to lose. TheeeeeN when I had my 3rd, I had gained 20 more lbs after!!! UGHHHH so now my weight is 177 AHHHHH!!! Ok so starting out at 125 and ending up with 177, is really not the business!! So I joined a biggest loser competition, and it's helped me to be focused and really get into a different mindset!
So I've been following this ladys blog who is trying to lose the last 20, which a lot of people have said is the hardest thing ever...and she said that she believes after all the reading, studying, doing, that losing weight is 10% physical & eating right and 90% MENTAL. I totally believe that. I mean I didn't really think of it that way, but really when you think about what you want to be like, how you want to look like, what you want to do in life, you make better choices! So I'm trying to get my mental state of mind right. I need to get my thoughts organized, I need to write down a plan, I need to set a goal every week, I need to make a chart that is visual, because when you see things visually they get to your mind faster. (tip) lol..So here are some of the things I am working on. I hope all you biggest losers can LOSE. We all need to be healthy and active. I am ready to take this challenge on, and I hope all you reading this can take on the challenge whether you're in a biggest loser competition or not. It's not about the competition for me anymore, it's a way of life for me. And I hope I can prove to myself and my family that I can do this, and I can beat this weight issue once and for ALLL!!! Wish me luck, and send me your tips :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Thank you for sharing that Anna! I totally feel ya on the weight gain after having kids! People that see me now always say "I NEVER thought you could gain weight". Their way of saying I got fat haha! Well this has definitely given me a new mindset on my workouts, eating habits, and state of mind. I wish I was 177!! Dang it!
I LOVE THIS POST! that is exactly why i joined our biggest loser. I been dropping alot of this baby fat but now im stuck... the scale doesn't drop no matter how hard I exercise and it sucks :( but im determined to lose the last 20lbs... Hope your able 2 do the same. Keep up the hard work and im sure it'll pay off in the end :)
I totally agree. And like I told you yesterday what I learned from Dr. Phil, it's time for a change. Change something anything. But just change. Change is good. My advice is to not beat yourself up over a mistake. I've learned that the hard way. But if you slip, start over tomorrow. I have way more than 20 lbs to lose, but we can lose your twenty together and then I'll know exactly how to lose my other 20..lol. Love ya
That is so true! I've never been small, but I've put on like 50lbs. since being married and having 3 kids. I totally agree with the 90% mental.... I need to get mentally ready and just do it, cause it's pretty bad when you don't feel comfortable in your own body....hahaha! I laugh, but It's so not funny! NEways, thanks for the words of advice....good luck! It's good it's a lifestyle change....but hey, the $950 doesn't hurt either....hahaha!! Go gem 'em Anna!
Post a Comment