Monday, April 19, 2010

The BIG EAZZZAY


Four years later and YES I FINALLY went and seen where my BF resides!! She lives in Louisiana in a town called Gonzales! This is country fa sho, and it's absolutely Steel Magnolias GORGEOUS COUNTRY LIVIN :) I was totally in awe the whole time I was there. It was just so surreal to actually be there. I loved looking at alll the land, the beautiful green lawns, and they huge trunked trees. I am so happy I got to experience this beautiful Southern State. & I wish I would've went earlier. I know for sure I will be visiting more often. So here's the breakdown of my lil weekend trip.
Day 1: We (me, and my girls Ariana & Selini) arrived in the N.O. Airport at 9:30pm Mazzie took us to Jack 'n the Box, headed to her house and "attempted" to stay up and talk stories, and crashed around 2am!
Day 2: Mazzie treated us to Cajun Village where she insisted we have some Beneits!! WOW these were THE BOOOOMB!! They are like Keke's but ten times better in the shape of a rectangle and covered with powdered sugar mmmm I'm cravin one just talking about it!! then we went to Mazzie's goood friend (Ms. Aline's) house for her daughters baby shower, spent that whole day there and it was so much fun because there were nothin but Southern Bells there. It was great food, nice company, and I loved hearing them talk! lol...Afterwards we took the lil ones to a waterpark cause it was pretty hot out there, and let em enjoy the waterpark...it was sooo cute! Even Sel Bell enjoyed it! Headed back home, changed, showered, and went out to Raisin Canes Restaurant for some Southern Fried Chicken...sauce was off the chain!!! Then we drove up to the temple and what a beautiful 20 min drive that was, got to see some magnificent homes on the way. Headed home and slept for church.
Day 3: Got up TOOOO early haha for church. Went to church, was introduced to 500 million friends of Mazzie's, headed home rested up a bit, packed up and headed out to New Orleans. Got to New Orleans met up with Mazzie's good friend, then went to the French Quarters (AH-MAY-ZINNN) Ok so I got too scared to get out and walk because it was getting dark and Mazzie was strapped, yes ya'll strapped!! Crazy lady! haha Her hubbys a cop so he makes her go strapped when she comes out to New Orleans cause people out there on Bourbon St. are pretty crazy...yeah and I was not about to watch her shoot & MISS! lmbo jk hahaha so we just drove the french quarter...and it was so unforgettable!! I tried to take tons of pics on my camera phone, cause hello forgot da camera, don't ever huh!! ugghhh but yeah you can get a lil glimpse of what I saw and loved! :) We ended the trip by goin to her friend Lai & Kolo's house they live out in New Orleans. This woman Lai is SO BOMB! She hooked us up with musubi's, fried chicken, bbq chicken, potato salad, cheesy bread, lihi mui candies, maaan she's an amazing cook, and her hubbys musubi sauce...mmmm good!!! Lai is FUHREAKIN FUNNY! I mean she's seriously one of the funniest, most laid back, hella cool peeps I've ever met. So hospitable and we crashed there for the night and Mace took us to the airport at 5am :( Such a fast short, but wellll worth trip!! I can't wait to go back! Thank you Mace, and all her friends for alllllll their Southern/Poly hospitality!! Oh and this is for Mace (Make a left at Flur-Durr Street please Brooklyn) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! We have tooo much fun when we get together!!! Love ya Fob!
Now that we are back home, I miss her and her country twang even more! I now understand why she is still out there. The people are amazing, so positive, and the lifestyle is so family oriented. I love the Southern Hospitality and I will be visiting every 3 years now, instead of 4!! lmbo jk hahaha I will go back often. Next stop FLO-RIDA riiiigh Kass!!! U ready fa ME!!!?? hahaha

4 comments:

Kassie said...

Oh Em Gee.. sounds like you had such an amazing time.. that's it, Mardi Gras 2011 we're coming! With Mazzie's strap and all. haha..

Question is, are you ready for some VIP Miami status?? No, for reals! haahhahahahahahahaha..get your bikini ready for South Beach :)

Klarah said...

Sounds and looks like you had a blast.. but thats always how you two are when your together!!LOL! I love all your pix.. Oh and Kass. I want some Miami Sun fun!!LOL!! I promise I wont have a bikini but I will have a full swim suit on covered by my shorts and my tank top!!LOL!! BTW Anna.. Where did she get her strap?!?! LOL!! Just kidding!! Seriously I am kidding!!LOL!!

Sinai said...

Sounds like you had a good time!!!! That's another place on my list to visit! Just hearing about the food makes me wanna go there...LOL!

IONGI FAMILY said...

What FUN!!! u had me at the FOOD =0 lol that's so awesome u got to get a taste of southern hospitality