Thursday, May 7, 2009

mom + dad

Today is my parents anniversary!! Yes they have been married for over 30 years and it's juss amazing to see how in love they are now! I know they have surely had their ups and downs but come on over 30 years people!! That's saying something! I'm grateful to my parents for instilling in me that marriage is hard work and that you constantly are changing and finding eachother thru the change and realizing that you are still in love! My parents are so cute with eachother, it kinda makes us as children sick to see them all lovey dovey cause it really wasn't like that while growing up so to see it now is like eww!! hahahah but I really do enjoy seeing them happy and in love. It sets a great example to me and my children that love really does last for eternity!!

Their story...

My mom was roomates with a tongan girl at LDS Business College. She asked my mom if she would like to go to a dance and my mom said yes, so they went and that's where my mom met my dad. He asked her to dance and it was history from there. BUT WAIT...My dad actually came to that dance with a date, being the fob and nervy like he is, he told his friend to take his date home cause he wanted to holler at my mom!! LOL...Okay NERVY!! So yeah that's how they came to be my parents!! It's funny, but I know it was destiny (sorry to my dads date if ur reading this) for them to be together.

I love my parents and all that they do for me, my family, bros and sis! They are thee best parents ever!! Hope I can last that long with Pulu ;) LOL..JK we will!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anna, that is so sweet about your parents...hopefully Vaughn and I will last that long too, one month, so far so good. haha. Anyway we went private on our blog a few weeks ago so if you're interested in still catching up with us shoot me an email, lefaga21 (at) gmail (dot) com.

We are enjoying keeping up with you and Pulu and the kids through the blog. Take care!

Klarah said...

That is very cute!!! I'm so proud of your parents for being so in love after so many years!! Toa and I will be that way too, who knows, he will probably love me even more!!! I know you and Pulu will last just as long if not longer!! Well thanks for having me over this morning!!:) Hope while your reading this Pulu is cooking you breakfast and then you bring some over to us!!LOL!! Just kidding kind of!!LOL!! Hoy, I need to go to bed now cause I'm getting myself hungry!! Have a great day!!!

Tala Motuliki said...

OMGOSH!!! that totally sounds like something that your dad would do!! LOL!! Itss sooo cute. They really are a perfect couple. They are a perfect example to all of us who have ups and downs. I like when you said that marriage is hard work and that you constantly are changing and finding eachother thru the change and realizing that you are still in love!... I think im going to use that in my talk!! LOL..:ThanX! Happy mothers day!!! Love ya!

IONGI FAMILY said...

ok so Im a lil slow here ur Ifa's daughter? omg what a small world!!! that's cute!!!

KEEPING UP WITH THE TUKUAFU'S.... said...

lmbo!! Im forever reading everyones blogs late!! Thats so funny though...what a cute story. Hope they had a great anniversary!!