
Were any of you out there as edified and just so inspired by Elder Hollands talk this past Sundays General Conference. It pierced my heart to hear the words he spoke. He spoke to my heart and soul and I was so spiritually in tune with the spirit! He made me realize something I hadn't really thought about. I'd like to share it for those who missed it. It's just too beautiful not to share. He was talking about how Jesus died on the cross for us so that we may be able to live and never have to walk alone. Elder Holland said that Jesus said "Lord why hast thou forsaken me?" I never realized until Elder Holland explained that Jesus knew he had to suffer alone, with no one there and that Jesus expected that he would be alone. But did he know that he would be spiritually alone for those last minutes/hours of his life? Obviously not. How sad is it to think that Jesus was alone spiritually and physically...but it was necessary. I couldn't stop crying, because I think, gees when I am so down and on a dark lonely path, I know I always have a loving Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ to lift me up out of that hole. It made me appreciate what he has done for us.
Also I was talking to my dear good friend Tava and she text me right after conference and she said wasn't conference amazing!! I replied yes I loved it and I cried during elder Hollands talk. She said the same with her then she said The prophet said, "The future is as bright as your faith." Very true!! I was amazed she text me that cause that was the last thing I wrote on my notes from conference. She wrote me back: I guess when ur in tuned with the spirit u r able to recognize the same things. So true! I am so grateful for the leaders of the church and all the wise talks they gave us! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!!
Also I was talking to my dear good friend Tava and she text me right after conference and she said wasn't conference amazing!! I replied yes I loved it and I cried during elder Hollands talk. She said the same with her then she said The prophet said, "The future is as bright as your faith." Very true!! I was amazed she text me that cause that was the last thing I wrote on my notes from conference. She wrote me back: I guess when ur in tuned with the spirit u r able to recognize the same things. So true! I am so grateful for the leaders of the church and all the wise talks they gave us! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!!
6 comments:
OMG, Elder Hollands talk was the most memorable talk during conference for me too. I didn't cry, but I heart literally ached when he said that Jesus was alone in the end. I too never realized that until he pointed it out. It made me appreciate our Heavenly Father more. The strength it took him to leave his Son in so much pain for that time was probably the hardest thing he did and for what...for us. Elder Holland talk was beautiful!!
Unfortunately I had to work the whole conference weekend but after getting done reading your blog I'm goint to go and watch it on Demand now!! I fell asleep right after our FHE cause I am still feeling oh so sick and I just barely woke up and now my family is asleep!! At least I know I can watch it without my kids yelling and screaming in the backround!! I really wanted to watch it, but now I know that this is a sign that I have to watch it!! If not for my family then to do it for myself!! Toa said he watched most of it and was very inspired by it as well as Priesthood meeting!! So I'm so greatful for this minor change that I see in him!! Thanks for being so motivational and always setting a good example to me and my family!! You and Cia both!!
Hi Anna, thanks for stopping by our blog...and I see we even made it on your tightest blogs list, WOW! ;) I agree with you that conference was great. It's so nice to know that we have inspired leaders to help guide us in these times.
Oh my goodness Anna!!...I loved his talk!! I was hecka bawling!!! Thank you for this beautiful post!! You're so amazing Anna to share that with everyone! I've been slacking and haven't had a minute to post but that's exactly the talk I was going to post because I too felt exactly the same as you!! I love the ultrasound picture of the baby!! Love you tons Anna!!
Thanks ya'll!! I know I loved it so much, I had to share. I've been hearing that from a lot of people even here at my work...the most memorable talk was Hollands. Anywho glad ya'll liked it as much as me!! Thanks Fo'ou, I can't wait to see her in the flesh!! :)
Hi Anna,
Just stopping by to say, hi! Love your new page, it's cute. Great post, I also loved Elder Holland's talk also.. many great speakers at this conference..Have a blessed Easter Weekend!
Maopa:)
Post a Comment