Friday, March 20, 2009

funeral services....


I wanted to share the funeral to those who weren't able to make it out to the funeral of Bruce Zayden Burgess. He was born Jan 15, 2009 and returned to our Heavenly Father Mar 15, 2009. Lini, Benny & the 3 boys were able to share 2 whole months with Bruce.

As I walked into the church building, I had butterflies. I wanted to sit down to calm my nerves, but the primary room was full and there was a crowd sitting in the hallway. So I stand peering in the door. I can hear Benny get up and ask if anyone would like to share their testimony. It was super sad when Lini's grama got up and spoke. Everyone then came into the chapel and the funeral began. There was a musical that was sung and it was Tears in Heaven. I couldn't even imagine what Lini was thinking or going thru as that song was being sang. I was so teary eyed just thinking of my own children! It was very spiritual.

After the funeral everyone went to the burial, and on our way there Pulu turned to me and said Anna I was thinking what if that was Jay? My eyes immediately filled with tears, I wanted to get that outta my head quick. I just kept thinking as they put Lini's son in the ground how I would be if that were my son? Oh I can't even imagine. I didn't want to!! I am so grateful for my children and for Heavenly Father for letting me have them day by day. When we went back to the church for the luncheon before leaving I hugged Lini and told her I loved her and I said are you gonna be okay? And she said yeah, I'm juss really tired! I know she was too, cause her eyes were juss barely open. Me and Lini have been friends since her mom past, and I remember the day b4 her mom passed away my dad and I went to their house cause our parents were good friends and her mom said to me I want you to promise me you'll always be friends with Lini, and I never forgot that! Lini has always been a part of my life since, and that was when I was 9? We have gone thru so much and have been there for eachother thru too much!! I love her like my sister. I admire her strong will and her mothering capabilities! My heart goes out to all those who have lost a child!

3 comments:

Klarah said...

I was sad and still am sad about the whole situation, but I know she is going to be okay, especialy with a friend like you!!! You are a great supporter and thats what I've always told bubs!! I'm glad to be related to you!!!Nice post, gives me stuff to read without getting bored!!LOL!!:)

Anonymous said...

So I know we don't talk, but I love reading your blog! I usually just read and move on to another blog, but I couldn't pass this one up! I really couldn't imagine going through what Lini when through, but it's so nice to see that she has a good friend like you! :) Good friends are very hard to find! So yeah, just thought I'd let ya know!.. Have a great day! :)

pwincessdi said...

Thanks Klarah & Sheena! Ya'll are too sweet. I know it's a sad situation. But it also helps us to realize and be grateful for the children we do have!
Thanks for stoppin by Sheena, and yes I know we don't talk, but we are both mothers and we know the feeling of losing our children is the same feeling! I'll see ya at the game :)