Monday, March 23, 2009

HARDSHIPS & BLESSINGS

Pray for our world!!My sister Cia

Pulu's mom & sisters



Today I wanted to blog about hardships! Yesterday at church, it was such a spiritual Sunday! I loved it, I loved sacrament meeting, I loved sunday school, and relief society....all of it was so uplifiting to me and I had to share!! Sacrament meeting Isi Lao was our speaker and boy was he hilarious! I didn't know he was such a wonderful speaker. He had everyone listening to his talk, even the kids! He talked on reaching out to the NEW MEMBERS! He was telling us that there are 400,000 new members each year!! WOW amazing huh! But how come we aren't putting up 100 chapels a year then? He said it's because US MEMBERS aren't making those who are new feel a part of the church. So that was an inspiration for myself, and a challenge to seek out the new members and get them involved! Then Sunday School...we were taught about JOY & Delighting in the small things. It was a very wonderful lesson. Ofa Kaufusi had made a comment that one time she had to be somewhere in literally 5 mins. she said I didn't want to leave the kitchen floor un-mopped so I took out some baby wipes, handed one each to my kids and we seriously got that floor cleaned in less than 2 mins! She said it's trying to find simple and effective things so you can enjoy eachother! It was soo funny, but very inspiring! Then in Relief Society she was talking about different paths that we can take in our lives. It's all on our attitude and how we look at things. She recommended a book for us to read it was called "Who ate my cheese" something or other? I'll have to check it out and get back to you all on that. But I just wanted to share this with you all because we all have hardships in life, and I think the more we go to church and listen to our leaders our answers to our prayers will be there in the lessons.



Pulu has been looking for a job for 2 months now, and it has been sooo hard for us! I am grateful I have my job, but I didn't want to be the main source of income. So Pulu was searching and searching, and finally I suggested why don't we fast. Obviously I can't fast, so I asked my sister Cia to fast for me. She said with pleasure! I'm so grateful for her!! Then I called Pulu's mom and sisters and asked them and they all said YES! So Sunday came and Pulu was ready and willing. They all fasted and broke thier fast Sunday night at 5pm. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to the sacrifices Pulu's family and my sister made yesterday! Pulu has an interview today, and it's just really made me realize that when you really need a blessing, you have to work hard for it, and really make an effort! I know that this is just an interview that Pulu is getting, but I know a job is there around the corner! I know without a doubt that if it wasn't for my faith in my church and all that it stands for we would be struggling. Wish us luck!!:) and happy blogging today!!!

2 comments:

Klarah said...

I really enjoyed this blog!! Its so nice to hear that things are going great with church and all!!! Well anywho thanks for the talk the other day!! I hope your day is going by fast and easy!!! Talk to ya later!!!

pwincessdi said...

Thanks KLarah I posted it juss for YOU!! jk! No but I enjoyed our talk too...it's not often I really buckle down and preach!! hahaha sorry if it was annoying, but I love ya!!
~aNNa~