Ariana's YW Pres reminded me of Ariana's youth standard night, I was planning on going to Jays bball game, but she insisted parents come. So Pulu went with the 3 younger ones & me and Ariana went along with all her cousins & my 2 older sisters because it was a Stake Youth Standard Night. Off we went, the speaker was an LDS Author of teen books. She talked about "Super Heroes" & how the youth can have powers as the super heroes do. They can use their powers by resisting temptation, serving others, controlling moods & tempers, dating, swearing, watching inappropriate things & listening to. I have never heard of a more frank speaker. She was very straight forward & I loved it. I loved the advice she gave about giving another a kiss. She said kissing is beautiful, young love is strong, that's why The Lord gave us this hormones & desires at a young age because it CAN BE beautiful if we would just SAVE OUR KISSES. Save your kisses she said. Don't give them away to just anyone. She said think about it, do we have much to give away to someone?...no we don't. Kissing leads to other things, so make it count with someone you really would like to share a piece of yourself with, because it's not just a kiss...it's a piece of you. --I totally loved that! She's absolutely right! I was so grateful I went with Ariana. She's gonna be 14 in July & I'm scared every day she gets older...she's sn awesome girl, but I worry like all mothers do. I hope she can stand strong against temptation, do service, stay positive & know how blessed she is to have so many talents. To my Princess:
My dream for you Ariana is for you to let your light so shine before the World, seriously I look at you as such a blessing from God. You are talented & I would love to see you share your talents with the world, I dream you being successful in school & aspiring to be whatever your heart desires. To marry in the temple & to love your hubby as much as we love you. I dream you will be an amazing mother who is kind & gentle...stern & gospel driven. I dream all the happiness for you Ariana because you deserve it. You are my #1 & my most humbling, beautiful blessing. I learn from you everyday & I thank God for blessing me with you even tho I felt completely undeserving. I love you & I hope you know that with every fiber of your being.
Love mom!! (:
2 comments:
Aww this was so sweet! Loved what the author had to say super true :)
I love this!! Save your kisses!! I'm absolutely sharing this with Aaliyah!! How it's a piece of you and you don't have much of you to share so everything counts!! Aaaaahhhhh!! Thanks so much for sharing this!! I can't believe we're mothers to teens now.
Post a Comment