Saturday, January 11, 2014

Revelation

Pulu has been pressuring me to buy a house & I've been so hesitant, and just very stand offish about it. So I thought okay let me see what our patriarchal blessing says & study them so that I can figure out why we're at a stand still in our lives. So for 2 days I've been reading, asking my Heavenly Father for answers & talking to my family as well, to better understand my blessing. Pulus blessing is as plain as day & is very straight to the point. He is to gain an education that's for sure and to do missionary work by just his example alone. Pulus blessing is beautiful. 
Anywho as I read things from my blessing I was stumped on a paragraph that said something like I need to map out & plan my life so that I will know what I want to do & become. This confused me because I interpreted this that I needed to work & have a career. Well my mother inlaw goes to the temple every Saturday & I decided to tag along with her because in my blessing it said I needed to find life answers in the temple. So I knew I had to go. My mil said she'd come at 5am. That night before I kept thinking to text my mil & tell her I can't go or that I would go later or just not wake up. Make up some kind of excuse...but I didn't. My alarm went off at 4:30 & I got up & just got ready. We went to the temple and did a session. Throughout the whole session I was so focused on Pulu. I couldn't get him off my mind. I went there to understand what I was suppose to do & I could not stop thinking of my husband. When we were in the Telestial Room I felt an overwhelming feeling come over me about Pulu & his experience in the temple and his blessing. I was in tears, trying to fight my tears so my mil wouldn't see me. My understanding was quickened. It was amazing. A couple years ago my husband with water filled eyes told me after our session while sitting in the celestial room that his grandpa Kolo came to him, touched his hand and in Tongan told him he's ok. Well in Pulus blessing it states he has a special work to do in the life hereafter & that he will receive revelation throughout his life. This may seem minimal to some, but it hit me so hard. I received all the answers right then & there. Pulu needs me to be supportive a true help mate & companion. I need to help him find his way so that he may fulfill his calling here on earth & after into the eternities. Afterwards my mil & I went to breakfast and all the questions I had about my patriarchal blessing, she answered. She doesn't even know that she did, but I was truly grateful for her words of wisdom & example. Today was an extremely wonderful, emotional, blessed day & it's only noon. I have yet to hear from Ariana about how baptism for the dead was this morning. I'm grateful for my life, my family & for my Heavenly Father who loves me so. 

~Anna

1 comment:

Ceni Lapota said...

Aww this made me a lil emotional! I'm glad you went with my mom to get some answers! Good luck with everything :)