Pulu & I started our family at a very young age. I was barely 18 when I gave birth to Ariana, and I was 21 when I had Jay. I was 27 when I gave birth to Selini, and 29 when Bella was born. I'm 30 yrs old now and if you look at the gap between Jay & Selini it's 6 years!!
Pulu and I often feel like newlyweds because of the 2 Lil girls, and others think we are young parents starting out not knowing our 2 older ones are in school, one in 4th grade & the eldest in Jr High!!! It's crazy to think I have a child in Jr High!! But it's definitely a blessing because the older ones help so much more than I give them credit for. They babysit, change diapers, give baths, dress them, make bottles, play with them, put them to sleep. It's really great having that extra help all the time.
On the other hand it's a challenge because we have to be strict disciplinarians to the older kids, doing homework, chores, sports, extra curricular activities, and then we have with the little ones, learning how to walk, play nice with one another, go to the park, watching cartoons & playing with dolls, making baby bags, potty training, dressing them, it's like a whole different family, and we have to be both, it's definitely challenging. But I think we're balancing it out ok. My hope is that our Older kids will be such great parents because of their practice & for the younger ones to appreciate their elders. It's a ring circus, juggling act for us as parents, but I wouldn't have it any other way. There are no coincidences in life, only blessings. I luv both of my families lmbo!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment