Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Letters from our Sister Missionary!

Sister Otukolo & her comp Sister Lotulelei @ the Provo temple
We received 2 letters yesterday from Sister Otukolo along with this picture she sent Ariana, she told Ariana she was sorry no pics from New York yet, but she would send some in the next letter. When we checked the mail last night Ariana was jumping up and down because she had received a letter that she had been anticipating...right when she got in the ride, she tore open the letter and gave the other one to Jay, they both read in silence, wide eyed, then glossy eyed, they were smiling, and I was so happy to see how much they love and miss their aunty Nancy. When we got inside the house, Jay immediately read aloud his letter to me and it was so cute, she was calling him "SUCKS" (nickname she calls Jay) and to do good in school, listen to his parents, and be a good big brother, save for his mission, and that she knows he'll love it if he does. Such sweet words that Jay felt so inspired to write her right there and then on the kitchen table @ 10pm! It was soo cute! Then Ariana came into my room, and she looked like she was crying. She read her letter to me, and the tears were just flowing down her face. Nancy and Ariana have such a sweet bond. They really are so close and Nancy has always went above and beyond for Nana with anything, well she does with all my kids, but especially "Princess" Nana. She wrote her how grateful Ariana has been an inspiration while being on her mission. Ariana wrote a mission plan on a piece of paper, she drew steps leading up to "I want to serve a mission like my Aunty Nancy" Nancy told her that she taped it to the inside of her scriptures because it strengthens her when she has a bad day, and it inspires her to be a better example for her nieces and nephews. She told Ariana that she admires her strength, her talents, and her great example to her. It was very very sweet, and I felt the spirit and I couldn't help but cry watching how much it meant to my Nana Bugg, after Ariana was done reading it, she flew into my arms and cried...she told me how much she missed Nancy and then came into my room with 5 letters all addressed to Nancy and said I wrote Nancy everyday like she asked, can u send these out mom. I was like uhhhh...ok lmbo! I'm gonna go buy stamps today, but I want to buy Ariana a journal to write in everyday for Nancy when she returns. (so we can save $ on stamps) and write Nancy once a week...instead of everyday lmbo! I love how motivating and inspiring one person can be to my children. I am so proud of Nancy and I hope she knows how much of an impact and change she has caused on my kids. What a great example, we are so blessed, and we are partly blessed because of her service! Thank you Sister Otukolo for your love and concern for my children, and for being such a great example. We love n Miss you!!
P.S.
She said she is doing well in New York, and that it is NOTHING like the movies, it's scarier! But she said she always oddly feels safe even if the area is run down, because she feels her father in heaven walking beside her everywhere she goes. :)

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How awesome that your kids have such a great role model to look up to! Love that close bond between your kids and their aunty! Priceless!

Tala Motuliki said...

I love this!!!! Every bit of it!