Monday, September 26, 2011

Forget me Not..


1) Be PATIENT with yourself
2) Know the Difference between a GOOD SACRIFICE & NOT A GOOD SACRIFICE
3) To be HAPPY NOW
4) The "WHY" of the Gospel
5) That the Lord LOVES YOU!

I wasn't able to go to Womens General Conference on Saturday, so last night I decided to go on to lds.org and watch it. I was blown away with Pres Uchtdorfs talk on Forget me Not Flowers. He said they were his favorite and made a metaphor for each of the 5 petals on the flower. (above mentioned) Like the small lil blue forget me not flowers, it's easy to go unnoticed and he said we as women treat ourselves like that. We need to be patient and compassionate for all that we are doing, and striving to do as a person. We need to give ourselves credit for that. We are constantly comparing ourselves to others and thinking their lives are perfect when in reality no ones is! Number 2 he said we need to basically live simply. We tend to out do ourselves and are thinking of ignoring our kids cause you have to make 50 homemade cards for your lesson on Sunday...something like that. We should really look at our lives and see what is worth it, what is important. We need to be aware of what is good, and what is not so good. Number 3 we need to be happy in the NOW. He said that we often think when is my golden ticket going to come (as in Charlie n the Choc Factory movie) we have a thinking of if I can get the chocolate bar with the GOLDEN ticket, my life will be grand and change for the better. Instead of just simply being happy of getting a chocolate bar. We need to strive to always be our best selves, but to also live in the moment while doing that. (I loved that part of his talk) I could totally relate to that too, because I'm always thinking of the future, and never really basking in the moment of the HERE n NOW! Number 4 we need to know they WHY of the gospel as in we know how and what we are teaching for example but what is really important is WHY we are teaching the gospel, why we are going to church, why we are fulfilling our callings etc. And last but not least number 5 KNOW THAT THE LORD LOVES YOU/ME! Often times we may go thru struggles where we feel alone, or we do things that go unnoticed but Pres Uchtdorf said the Lord knows, he always notices, and he loves you. He said we are loved by the KING, the most loving person in the WORLD, we should be grateful that someone of that magnitude loves, and notices us everyday!
This talk meant so much to me, it was something I really needed to hear. I'm so grateful for Pres Uchtdorf and the analogy he came up with on a simple flower. We are simple women, and we needed that reminder to live a simple life, and our life will be simple. I know what it is I need to work on, and I am grateful for the beautiful reminder. I hope you ladies get a chance to listen to his talk. Have a wonderfully simple day & pat yourself on the back! :)

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

It was such an awesome talk wasn't it! I didn't get to watch it either, but I saw a youtube video if his talk last night. Love this time of year, conference time, I'm so looking forward to the spiritual uplift I always get from it! :)