Monday, August 1, 2011

This is the week

Yesterday Jay had his interview with our bishop for his baptism. He told me when he came outta his office that the Bishop gave him a little card with his articles of faith on the back. I asked Jay what did the bishop ask him. He said he asked him what his fave article of faith was, and he said he recited without looking the 4th article of faith which is "We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the gospel are, First Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Second Repentance, third BAPTISM by IMMERSION for the remission of sins, Fourth laying on of hands, for the gift of the holy ghost." How appropriate of Jay to recite that AOF...I was so proud of him. He said the bishop told him he was ready to get baptized. I'm so grateful that Jay has chosen to become a member of this church. I hope this Saturday when he is about to get baptized he remembers it, and he realizes how important the gift of the holy ghost is. We had a lesson on Sunday on the "Gift of the Holy Ghost" I was so impressed on the lesson, I couldn't help but think of my cute lil son about to receive this wonderful gift. I am anxious and looking forward to Saturday!

3 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

OMG.....I have this exact post in the making....hahaha!! Your Jay is so handsome! Can't wait for this Saturday....what a special day for our little men! :)

pwincessdi said...

I know Monica, it's soo exciting. Yesterday we went over all his many many questions about the Holy Ghost, etc etc...during FHE. It's gonna be such an emotional day for me. I told Jay do u know this is the ONLY b'day that Heavenly Father gives u a gift?..he was really moved and amazed, can't wait for Saturday! Your son and my son really need to hang out and get to know eachother, they're twins! lmbo

Ane said...

What a sweet post! It's so cute that he recited that one! :)
Can't wait to see the huge smile on his face after..that is the BEST moment. Lots of love to you Jay! And u too Anna!