Sunday, August 21, 2011

In Session

SCHOOOOOOL!! Yay my kids start back 2 school on Wed. I am super duper excited becauuuuse...1.) the house will be cleaner. 2.) We will have a set schedule to follow again. 3.) I will love them more when they come home! lmbo it seems like this has been the longest summer for us because I'm prego and we can't really fly anywhere, and when we do, mama's not happy so no one is happy. I have been super moody with this pregnancy, and plus it's freakin HOT! So yeah I'm sure my kids are more excited about going back to school than I am. They are all ready too. I'm not sure about the waking up bright n early part, but they are ready for the friends, the socializing, the fun memorable school times, and also for the UNKNOWN of it all. Every year I make sure Pulu gives them a fathers blessing, and so for FHE tomorrow I am going to remind Pulu to do just that. It's a very beautiful and comforting thing to me to have our kids receive a blessing from their father to prepare them for the school year. I think it brings them comfort as well. We are all ready to go. I have their school clothes, shoes, socks, undies, paper, binders, backpacks, etc etc etc... Usually my inlaws would get all that stuff I mentioned every year, but now they have kids of their own, so this was the first year I did it all, and boy o boy it is some WORK! But I had a good time seeing them happy to get new things and to pick out outfits, that part was fun. The running around from store to store, swiping my debit card, ummm not so much fun there! But hey it's only once a year and they need it. I'm sad too that they will be going to school because Selini will be a loner, of course the baby will be here soon to keep her pre occupied, but she will miss them a lot! Plus I won't be able to do a lot of things around the house with a 2 yr old and a baby...so not having them to fetch me things will be hard too. But tis life, I'll make it work. I will miss sleeping in, and I will miss just being lazy with em. Ariana is going into 6th grade ))YIKES I KNOW((she is growing sooo quick! Jay will be going into 3rd grade (MY FAVE YEAR) I hope he loves it. He is going to be in a 3/4 split class, and Ariana will have a Mr instead of a Mrs this year and she's excited about that. I am so glad my kids love school, and look forward to it, cuz I know when me and my bros and sis were younger we didn't look fwd to going back, we loved our summer vacays. I'm hoping this year is a great one, esp for Ariana as it is her last year in Elementary :'( Atleast she gets to spend it with her 1st cousin Jasmine who will be going to Emerson this year for the first time. Can't wait to hear and see them all make memories this school year 2011-2012!! WooT wooT!

3 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Just when the whole rest of the world is getting ready to go to school, my son is getting ready to go off track....so don't like the year round thing! Totally agree with you about the father's blessings before school...Ova does that for our kids too! It's such a blessing to have a priesthood holder who can do those kinds of things!

pwincessdi said...

Yeah sorry bout that Monica, I don't like year round either. :/ Yes very blessed to have a priesthood holder in our home :)

Klarah said...

I am glad that you are ready for the kids to start school. The blessing before school is such a great thing to do. Maybe one day Toa will come around to doing the same for our boys. About Selini being a loner, I have Brigham to keep her occupied!LOL!! Luckily for you they don't have uniforms! I hate that my kids have to wear uniforms.. Can you be so kind as to allowing me to swipe your debit card to finish my kids school shopping!?!?LOL! I was reading this post but I am just so excited and anxious for you to have baby Isabella already!!LOL!! I know it's random but I want to meet your little princess already!!LOL!