 |
| @ the McDonald Fundraiser event for Lauren |
This has hit home to me when my mom was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer. Thoughts of death and the need to spend every moment with her became apparent to all of us in my family. We are comforted in knowing if there is any cancer to get it's Uterine because usually if you take out the uterus than you are cancer free. So we are hopeful in that..but the thought of that scary ugly word CANCER is kind of overwhelming. So when we heard about the death of Priscilla and Abe Falatea's daughter Lauren or Reni as they call her, I was so saddened by it. I felt such heartache for her parents, siblings, and close family members. I was comforted in knowing that she isn't in any pain anymore, but the thought of losing one of my own children set into my head, and the thought of losing my own mother did too. I think us as mothers can feel and imagine the extent of pain another mother is going thru when thinking of our own children. It's an unbearable, not wanting to face, gut wrenching, heart crumbling feeling to THINK about it...but to have to LIVE it....ohhhhh I can't but imagine the pain. As I was reading some of the blogs about her death, I came across this one
here this blog is Verlynn Nonu's blog and she was really good friends with Sila & Abe's family and she has a poem on there that is absolutely beautiful. It made me cry and I wanted to share it with you all. I am so grateful to have the plan of salvation, and the comfort in knowing that families are eternal. I hope the Falatea Family finds comfort in that poem on Verlynn's blog, because it is so on point with why Lauren was here for a short time. May God bless their family during this hard time, and bring peace into their home. Much love to you Lauren, you were a beautiful example of enduring to the end. God be with you til we meet again :)
2 comments:
THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL MESSAGE ANNA...THANKS FOR SHARING! WHILE I FIND MYSELF STRUGGLING WITH MY OWN PERSONAL TRIALS I FIND PERSPECTIVE IN THESE WORDS OF JOSEPH B. WIRTHLIN, HE SAYS: "LEARNING TO ENDURE TIMES OF DISAPPOINTMENT, SUFFERING AND SORROW IS PART OF OUR ON-THE-JOB-TRAINING. THESE EXPERIENCES, WHILE OFTEN DIFFICULT TO BEAR AT THE TIME, ARE PRECISELY THE KINDS OF EXPERIENCES THAT STRETCH OUR UNDERSTANDING, BUILD OUR CHARACTER AND INCREASE OUR COMPASSION FOR OTHERS." MUCH LOVE CONNIE MOTULIKI
Aww you are too sweet Anna. I came across that poem and it fit Lauren so well and it helped me explain things to my kids. I wish the best for your mom and your family as you go through your trials.
Post a Comment