Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Primary Appreciation Dinner
Yesterday night we pulled off our Primary Appreciation Dinner. It was sooo much fun, and it went soo much better than expected! I am so mad at myself for not taking any pictures, because it was decorated so beautifully by my 2nd counselor Tenille and one of our ward sisters, Sister Dolle. The centerpieces, the lil decor on the food table, everything just turned out beautifully. We started off the morning with me giving my 10 lbs of ground beef to Tenille so she could slow cook it along with her homemade spaghetti sauce, then I had to go to work. While at work I had to call all the teachers because we were double booked at our chapel, so we decided to use the stake center so I had to let all the teachers know we changed locations. Then when I got off work about 2pm, I had to gather all my stuff, my binder, teachers game we played "who's who" which was a really really funny game, I was in charge of meat, salad, tablecovers, napkins, cutlery, game, teacher appreciation gifts, and a lil inservice...was I stressed, A BIT don'tcha think?? haha buuuuut I pulled it off with the help of my sweet hubby. He was running back and forth getting bowls, cups, and more spaghetti noodles, and oil, and butter, and parmesan cheese...he was just really great and very much needed especially with my foot being so handicap! I seriously wanted to cry while walking around last night, and now my foot today is sooo in pain! But that's how I am, I have to do things myself, and I have to suck it up and be strong...and I did it! Anwho about the game I thought it would be fun if we called the teachers and asked them to tell us something unusual about themselves, or not that a lot of people would know. It was sooo funny to hear some of the stories! Jason's (Tenille's hubby) story was hands down the funniest story ever! He told us that when he was a freshman in college he lived with his older brother which is Pres. Kaufusi. He said that he was looking for a white shirt to wear to church activity (I think it was) and so anyway he didn't have a white t-shirt so he went to his brothers room grabbed a white tee out of his drawer and when he was sitting there at church he said he was getting some weird stares, and what not, and so he looked down at his shirt to see if it was dirty or something and noticed that there were markings on his shirt...well then he figured later oops I'm wearing my bros garment top!! lmbo oh that was a knee slapper, it was sooo funny!! Anywho we had a great turnout, and great food, and wonderful people to mingle with. I'm so glad we were able to plan and organize this dinner and make our teachers know how appreciative we are of them. It was all worth it in the end, and they could tell how much we appreciated them, and that's what counts! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great Primary Pres you are!! u go girl!!!
Awesome job!!!! Laughing at the story about the white tee. Hilarious!
Your ward members, especially the primary are so blessed to have you. If I've learned one thing about you since we've met, it would be that when you do something, you give your all and do it 100%...what an awesome characteristic trait to possess!! You are the bomb.com!! Love ya!
You did an awesome job putting it all together! It was a fun night - I enjoyed getting to know everyone a little more.
Ps... Jason was a freshman in high school hahahah!
Post a Comment