Saturday, August 7, 2010

Clean & Organize


So lately I've been thinking of how I can be more clean and organized in my home. Since I have to become organized in my calling as Primary Pres. I started looking at my home and thinking WHOA I NEED A CHANGE! lmbo...so I thought to myself I'm really not a dirty person, just my hubby and kids are! lol...but I knew I needed to change that whole thing with me being the PRIME EXAMPLE...which sucks, but hopefully they will all follow my lead. I now (lightbulb) just realized today that my kids will not clean their rooms, pick up after themselves, eat only in the kitchen, and make their beds if I don't make them! I am such a laid back person, and I really believe in letting kids be kids and not wasting my time cleaning my life away! BUUUUT if I do it everyday and not expect my kids to do it, then I know that my home will be a lot more tidy! So yes change is comin! It's really gonna be a challenge for me, because I'm gonna have to set the example and be on top of the house EVERYDAY!
So me and Pulu decided to clean the carpets in our apt. So he went and bought Resolve Carpet Cleaner w/ a $7 Smiths Certificate I got that day he ended up paying only 3 bucks on it and we scrubbed our carpet with hot water, resolve and a lot of elbow grease!! We are like so proud of our brand new lookin carpets. It only took us 1hr!!! I knooooow team work works! lol...but yeah we got that done and it makes a huge difference. I love it. Now we are both wanting to keep it clean, and telling the kids that they can't wear their shoes inside the house. I hope we can keep this up. (Mind u our carpet is tan!) But we need to find a runner, and an area rug to keep things nice and clean! It feels great to have clean carpet! haha Anyway juss thought I'd share my cleaning story! If anyone has tips on how to keep a clean house with 3 messy children....I would love to know! :)

2 comments:

saintlai said...

Good for you and Pulu! I'm about to start some deep spring cleaning myself. As for tips, I google everything and am learning how to refinish my kitchen cabinets and put in laminate wood floors. You shld try it! Lots of research but def worth it. BTW - your kids look like an old navy ad. Great pic!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Love that you did it yourself.....I look at my carpets everyday and get disgusted at how incredibly dirty they are....light colored carpets and kids so don't mix!! Maybe I'll have to try the resolve too!!