My kids can really drive me up the WALL! I don't know if others feel this way but I am sooo tired of disciplining my children! It's so hard for me. I feel like when Ariana (eldest) was younger things were a lot easier...and now that she is older it seems like it's ok, but it's getting tougher. My "problem" child is Jay (my only son) he drives me CRAZZZZY! It doesn't help that he's prally JUST LIKE ME, and that's why I can't stand him a lot of the time! But he never ever listens to us, unless we get up, threaten him, yell at him...oh he can just really kill me sometimes. He challenges me EVERYDAY! He will test my limits and he thinks he's being funny, when he's being really annoying and mean. I will tell him to stop with a stearn voice, I'll grab him and give him the "eye", I will sit him down and talk to him one on one (in which he rolls his eyes) he's always joking...and it's NOT funny! Another thing he does is CRY! He cries atleast 4 times a day...that's a lot for a 6 almost 7 year old! I don't know how to make him stop.. we ignore it, we hug him, we yell at him, we ask why calmly, for some reason he still cries over the dumbest things????...Being a parent is so hard at times. We try the best we can, but then listening to conference I felt a bit overwhelmed, I knew there were TONz of things I need to work on! I'm grateful for this conference because it made me re-think my parenting skills, and I know I need to work on a lot of things. - Speak kindly to my children & they will listen (this I need to master first)
- Be on the SAME page as my hubby in disciplining
- Be PATIENT
- Persistence & Consistence
- Pray for them individually
- Be an example of going to the temple often
Hopefully these things will help me and Pulu to be better parents, listeners, and partners! I know this post sounds like I hate my son, but I don't...I love him very much that's why I'm trying to do these things...because I know that if he thinks I gave up on him, he'll give up on himself. These are the many hardships parents go through...I'm hopeful we can make these changes and reap the rewards!
5 comments:
Parenting is a difficult, yet rewarding calling. The Lord has set the example and made it look so easy. All we can do is exactly what you said, hope. Jay is sooo like you, except for the crying. Well maybe you did cry, but no one remembers or didn't really care...hahaha j/k You and Pulu are good parents. You'll get through it. Read my blog on discipline. It helped me understand it more.
I think every parent goes through that...reminds me of a quote I love:
"Being a mom is the most rewarding job in the World.. It can make you laugh, cry, scream, pull your hair out & be completely amazed; all in the same hour!!"
Parenting is such a hard job. The more kids you have, the harder it gets. Mainly because you'll be dealing with lots of different personalities. Hang in there. Like you said, never give up. Sometimes you don't think you are getting through, but little do you know, you are.
What a good post! I need to work on the same things as you.. I feel my patience is sooo thin lately. You're a good Mommy!!
thanks ya'll..it really is a daily struggle..and I'm sure we all deal with this or something similar. Thanks for your input love u gals :)
Post a Comment