Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today is a special Day


It's my Daddys B'day!!!! My dad is OOOLD! lmbo jk hahah he is 58 yrs young...he is an amazing faithful optimistic loving father! I love my dads humor, his laugh, his different tones of voices, his fob moments, his funny face gestures, his work ethic, his undying faith, his knowledge, his smile, and most of all his love for US! I hope my dad knows how much he means to me, I'm sure he does...but I want to share something personal about my dad. Ever since we were young he would have us read scriptures as a family. At the end of our family home evening or scripture study he would say I want to read you guys my favorite scripture...we all memorized it at some point! It's Alma 37:37 which says: "Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day."
This scripture means so much to me, and I try to tell my kids this scripture every family home evening as well. It is a reminder of my dad and a wonderful scripture. It has helped me in so many ways throughout my life! Thank you dad for the example of what a provider, and a father should be like. You have helped make me into the person I am today. I am a lot of you, and I'm proud of that. I am soo sooo grateful for your strength in the church and for the faith that you hold for all of us especially when some of those time none of us could hold that faith. You're always calling and checking on us. You never want any tension. You always liven up a party. You are thee BEST TENNIS player out there! You are the funniest man I know. You are the MOST SUPPORTIVE father ever. You are the best dad I could've ever hoped for! Thanks for all you do for me, my family, my bros and sisters, neices and nephews...You're the best grampa, uncle, brother...and I am proud to say FATHER! Hope today is a memorable one for ya dad :)

10 comments:

Ane said...

Love your post! Your dad is thee funniest Tongan EVER! Seriously, I love your fam and wanted to say Happy Birthday to Ifa "NERDY" Motuliki! lol!

I can definitely help you with your blog...check out Leelou Blogs

http://leelou-freelayouts.blogspot.com/search/label/2%20Column

and tell me which design you want...
that's all I did...let me know if you want me to do it, it's really easy-peasy! :)

Kassie said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad! :) love the post... Your dad is funny, I just remember him dancing at our wedding dance. Lol..

IONGI FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Ifa!!! hope you are spoiled!! great post

MARCIA said...

What a tear jerker of a post. You forgot to put the biggest cry baby...haha! Loved it. He is the best dad ever.

Sinai said...

Happy birthday to your dad!!! I remember him as my parents tax guy. And he is just the funniest guy ever! At every event I've seen him at, he's always having a good time!

carolineluvsulysses said...

oh dianna ur dad really is the funniest guy ever!! love when he mc's I love the scripture ur dad is so amazing :)

Trish. said...

Awww... I love your dad. He was always so sweet to me growing up there in Utah. So funny too! Your parents are awesome, give them lots of love from us!!

Tala Motuliki said...

awww that was sooos weet anna! he is the best! Happy birthday Ifa!! We love and miss you!

Klarah said...

I loved it when your were reading it in it to him!! I looked very touched and proud to be the father of so many blessed kids. I was lucky to have married into a family with crazy parents!!!LOL!! Love that old, I meant young tennis pro!!! Great post!!

Klarah said...

I meant I loved it when you read your blog to him!!LOL!!