Friday, January 15, 2010

long overdue

so i finished my book, and omg it was soo bomb! I was like on fire reading it, and I craved to read more and more after I finished. So I need to hit the library and find me some good reads...cause Barnes and Noble is gettin too expensive!! Anywho my other book my cookbook...I have not been able to start on. BUTTTT I can tonight cause I went to Cosco today and got some of the things I need to get my healthy dinners started. I'm so excited to start, and I can't believe how unbelievably hard it is to eat healthy!!! Sheesh I remember when I did do it like in 2004 but man bad habits are hard to break! I'm working towards a healthy lifestyle and I'm praying for it too, cause Lord knows I can't do this alone!!!
Over this last weekend we were able to fly back to our "other" home which is So. California in a lil place called Hemet! We were so ecstatic to go back and reunite with our Ika family out there. We had a blast catching up and just having a fun time chillin, reminiscing, and laughing the night til the early morns away!!! I miss my Ika family so much, and I am so grateful for their wonderful familys example. I strive to be so Christlike as a family as there's is. Thank goodness we have free flying benifits so we could visit them often! My next visit will be Louisiana!! Don't trip Mace, I will come!! hahaha wait after Hawaii!
Over the weekend my bishop called me as 2nd counselor in the Primary!! WOW I couldn't believe it, I was soooo happy, because I told Pulu that I always wanted to be in Primary. I know that if Heavenly Father came to visit our ward, he would be in the Primary room. So my heart has always been in Primary, and I'm excited for my new calling!!! Children are so amazing, and are so fun, I can't wait to serve them :)
Last on what I've been up to, is we have started a Zumba class in Bountiful (Thanks Jahna) and it's been amazing, our instructor Teresa is so BOMB.COM!! She is tight, I haven't found a better teacher than her in a looong time. Me and my sis Cia, along with my sis inlaw and mother inlaw go out every Tues and Thurs, and pop our bootys and dance like we're bomb like Teresa! haha but I love doing Zumba, and what a stress reliever it is for me.
Oh yeah Selini turned 6 months on the 3rd!!! Almost forgot!! hahah She weighs 16lbs 14oz. and is 27in long! Yeah she's looong for her age. She is healthy and happy and growing beautifully! Here are some things she is able to do now:
  • rolls over
  • she blabs a lot
  • she recognizes faces, and voices
  • she turns her head side to side, like she's observing you it's so funny
  • she laughs a lot
  • she cries pretty loud now
  • still drinks 6oz
  • she loves her lil laptop
  • she eats baby food now
  • she can eat baby oatmeal with bananas only
  • she holds her own bottle for a couple secs
  • she sleeps the whole night
  • she wears 6-12 months now

she is the light of my life, and the joy in my families heart! She has such a HUGE smile, and loves to show it off. She loves to play with her bro and sis...she is so chill and kick back. She loves to play with her wittle feet still. I am so grateful for this lil precious child Heavenly father blessed us to care for! I hope she knows how special she means to me :) Love you Seli Bean!!!

8 comments:

Mauga Fam said...

YAY what a great calling! Glad I will be able to see you in Primary every Sunday:)

Kassie said...

How exciting. Yes, I hear Teresa is amazing... I was supposed to go to a class with her sister in laws a while back, but never made it.. :( Bountiful is so far, but I need to come to one of her classes.... Maybe when I get home from Florida we can go.... xoxo

pwincessdi said...

I know I'm glad I'll be working with u Atisa :) Kass yes I know it's far, juss come one time to have fun! Then we'll go out to hot chocolate, and donuts!! LMBO I'm JUSS KIDDIN!!! Hit me up when you get home

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How fun! I've been hearing the buzz about Zumba for some time now....and I think I'm gonna have to try it out! Need to do something to try and get in the exercise swing with all the rest of you dedicated women! Your baby is so cute...6 months old now huh? Time sure flies doesn't it?

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How fun! I've been hearing the buzz about Zumba for some time now....and I think I'm gonna have to try it out! Need to do something to try and get in the exercise swing with all the rest of you dedicated women! Your baby is so cute...6 months old now huh? Time sure flies doesn't it?

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How fun! I've been hearing the buzz about Zumba for some time now....and I think I'm gonna have to try it out! Need to do something to try and get in the exercise swing with all the rest of you dedicated women! Your baby is so cute...6 months old now huh? Time sure flies doesn't it?

MARCIA said...

Okay I didn't get this update til last night. Well I'm proud of you and know that you can make your goal weight. I'll support you and question you with love if you're about to eat something with empty calories.hahaha
You will be a great blessing to the Primary as they will be to you. Good luck with all you do.
Oh I wanna go visit Mace too.

Tala Motuliki said...

Oh you are soooo perfect for primary, you have a way with the little ones... I want to try Zumba, but im too embarrassed to go by myself..LOL. Give Selini 6 kisses from Jaida! Loved her pic on face book!