Monday, December 28, 2009

BEST CHRISTMAS THUS FAR!

the 3 babies of the family Selini (mine), Gabby (Cia's), and Jaida(Kels)
Grampa, with some of his grandkids


Kel +Tala

Jay, Junior, and Nana

We went to see the temple lights and it was fuhhhreeeezzing!




So this year was different from the years past because we all decided we wanted to do a Christmas Program. So my mom got their ward so we could hold our Christmas Program there. We thought it would be nice to invite the widows, and single mothers out to our program so we invited 4 women. It was so nice to have them and their kids there. So we started off by eating and just mingling. We then went to the Relief Society room and we started with the program. First it was my mom and dad and my mom read the book about the 3 trees, it set the mood for our Christmas Program...then my dad and the grandchildren sang Jingle bells and made up their own verse my dad solo'd to, it was hilarious! Then my family went and we did a Christmas Skit on the Polar Express and it was very fun, and spiritual. It was about Believing in Miracles I gave out 3 bells to the 3 widowed sisters who didn't hear the bell in my skit and tied it into Mary and Joseph believing that she would bear Christ. I ended with my testimony about having a miracle happen to me on Christmas morning about 3am someone left a card at my door and inside was $400 dollars, and no name on it! How did that person know me and Pulu needed that? Miracles do happen, I BELIEVE!!! Anyways then Cia's family program was so fun, she had each family do a competition to that song Christmas is upon us...blah blah We make the toys for all the boys and girls, my suit is red, I drive a funny sled, my nose, my nose in the dark it glows!! Needless to say DA OTUKOLO family took the cake!! haha good thing I had my sis inlaws help!! After that Mr and Mrs Claus (aka my bro Lame and his g'friend Betty) along with their 2 elves handed out candy to the kids (which were HUGE mexican candies) our kids love em! But then after that my bro Kel and his wife Tala put on a slideshow and it was sooo BOMB. It started with my parents and then it said "All because 2 people fell in love" and then it showed me and all my siblings and then it started with Eta, and went down the line with showing off our individual families. It was super sweet and brought tears to our eyes, esp because we were missing Eta and her family!! I am so happy that we started this family tradition! We are growing rapidly and I love that our children know that it's alll about them, and I'm glad they can see how close we all are as bros and sisters and that they will follow in our footsteps.... thanks to my parents!! This Christmas is soo memorable to me and I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. And whoever left that money on our doorstep...THANK U, THANK U!! We are soo blessed to have wonderful people in our lives. We did soo much more on Christmas Eve as well. We went to Temple Square to see the lights and then we came home and me and my mom made soup, and breadticks, and then we had the missionaries over and then we decided to do our gift exchange for the kids...they loved it..and then it was our new annual "WHITE ELEPHANT" exchange, but good gifts, and we loved that, it was so funny! Lame opened up like 4 times cause his gifts kept getting jacked! I ended up with a scentsy plug in and 2 beautiful pic frames! We had tons of fun that night! Christmas day we were surprised with our $400 and the kids opened up their 3 gifts. 1 spiritual, Ariana got a mini Childrens song book, 1 want: Crazy Cookin bake set, 1 need: Penguin house slippers to keep her feet warm. Jay got 2 spiritual gifts: CTR Ring, and a Missionary Bank, 1 need: shoes, and 1 want: Nerf gun. They loved it and were so humbled this Christmas...although they did get tons more from Pulu's sisters...we were truly truly blessed this time around. I have the best inlaws ever because they totally spoiled Selini...she has tons of clothes and toys, and shoes, and a jumper, that she loves cause she thinks it's a swing! I know my children got "it" this year... the true meaning of Christmas, which is to give all of yourself to OTHERS! We truly felt that this year, and hopefully through many years to come!! I love Christmas time!! :)

6 comments:

IONGI FAMILY said...

That's so awesome Anna!!! how blessed u are!! u totally deserve it ALL!!! minus the BL money that's all mines bwaaahaaa just kidding I need to get my act 2gether lol love ya!!! awesome Christmas for sure

The NyDegger's said...

OMG I LOVE your family Program what great examples you guys are!! You guys deserve a great Christmas like that espicially that $$$ I to BELIEVE isn't our father in heaven mindful of us!! Love it!!

Klarah said...

You deserve it all!!:) I too had soo much fun this past Christmas.. Next year will be even better!! Besides you might have another baby and so will Cia and Tala!!:) Thanks for being a great sister-in-law and neighbor!!

Sinai said...

You do deserve it! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I like the 3 gifts idea. I'm gonna have to use that next year.

pwincessdi said...

thanks gals!! I felt so overwhelmingly blessed! I cannot even put it into words the feelings I felt when I opened up that card. I'm really thinking it was our bishop..it caught me off guard because the card said Pulu + Anna...no one calls me Anna unless they know me like dat..but I still think it was the bishop, because Pulu's his clerk and he asked Pulu a few Sundays ago what I go by, and Pulu said Anna and he said that's with two n's right, and Pulu said yeah lots of people don't get that. So hmmm...I'm investigating!! lmbo!!

MARCIA said...

It was the best Christmas ever!! I loved every minute of it.