Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FHE

mmm even daddy likes it!
YUMMY


Are they done yet mom??


their creations!


Last week we had family home evening and I forgot to write about it. We had our lesson on OBEYING and I read them the story about the 2,000 strippling warriors and how they listened to their fathers who had made a covenant to not kill anyone...so they sent their sons. Because these 2,000 young men listened and had faith in Heavenly Father, not one of them died.




Ariana and Jay really enjoyed that lesson. And so afterwards we made caramel apples and they had so much fun doing that. I love FHE and ever since conference we have made it very imp to not miss it.




Yesterday we had FHE with Betsy & Teki Lao along with Kime & Pua and my bro Toa & his wife Klarah. It was really fun and I taught the lesson and it was on Reverence. I brought some pics of folded arms, legs, mouth, ears, and I asked the kids to explain how our arms are suppose to be during church, how our mouths are suppose to be closed and how we are suppose to be listening with our ears. I also had a lil mouse named George. A story went along with George about how if he would ride in your pocket to church what would he say. Would he say you were reverent, or moving around so much he couldn't believe it. It was a cute lil story. Anyways everyone had brought a dish cause it was potluck and the food was mmgood!! Betsy it such a chef!! We had some yummy food, and great desserts!! Gotta love FHE!! :)

11 comments:

Devri said...

fHE is so important! Love the strippling warriors story, thanks for sharing it!

IONGI FAMILY said...

love FHE!!! Ur treat looks delish!!!

IONGI FAMILY said...

ps can u email me the mouse story for my lil munchkins plse

The NyDegger's said...

How fun!! And those carmel apples are looking pretty tasty!! Thats a great idea to have it with other couples..something i SHOULD do with my husband & his friends!! Your a great example!!

Jobi Niu said...

WHat a fun idea.. I SOOO need to be better about FHE, it's hard with young kids, but NO EXCUSE! ;) Those apples look divine!

MARCIA said...

How cute. Wish I could eat caramel apples. They look delicious!

Kassie said...

Those caramel apples look soo yummy!! FHE sounds so nice.. thanks again for those study guides.. Ray and I have been reading them together.. he was pretty happy about it- We'll definitely have to join on one day for FHE as soon as my league ball is over!!

pwincessdi said...

Thanks Ya'll!! I really enjoy FHE, especially when we can come together as family & friends and learn from one another. Kass I'm glad that you and your hubbs are reading that...it's an awesome guide. Let me know if you have any questions about it, if I can't answer...I'll find someone who can :)

Unknown said...

ooh..those look yummy Anna:)You're such a good mommy..ok, for sure I'll be doing our FHE next monday..great post!

Unknown said...

did you make the caramel apples with the wrapped caramels or the brown sugar and cream recipe? I've tried the candy caramels one and it didn't work for me..maybe I just did it the wrong way..lol

pwincessdi said...

WHY THANK YOU PUANANI!! I USED THE CARAMEL BITS BECAUSE THEY MELT REALLY EASY AND IT'S FAST AND THEY TASTE REALLY GOOD. THEN I JUST BOUGHT A BAG OF PECANS. IN THE CARAMEL BITS THEY ALL READY HAVE POPSICLE STICKS SO YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY SOME, UNLESS YOU WANT TO. ONE BAG MAKES ABOUT 5 CARAMEL APPLES. THEN AFTER YOU DIP EM PUT THEM ON PARCHMENT PAPER..I DIDN'T HAVE ANY, BUT PARCHMENT PAPER DOESN'T STICK...IT'S WAY BETTER. PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE FOR LIKE 45 MINS AND YOU'RE DONE!! EAT AWAY!! IT'S A LOTTA FUN!