Thursday, August 27, 2009

1st day of school :)

So I know I am late on posting this, but wanted to share my kids 1st day back at school. First of all Jay is now in 1st grade, and Ariana is in 4th grade. Unfortunately I didn't do the "open window" last year and try and get Jay into Ariana's school..so he has to go to Parkview this year, he went to Mountain View last year and I didn't like that it was uniform...other than that it was good. But this year he's going to Parkview and it's year round. I've never had a child in year round, so this should be interesting...Ariana is traditional and I love it, but we'll see how I manage with their different schedules.


So Jay started last Wed on the 19th and he was late cause they started back on the 4th I think. So he was the "NEW" kid in school. The first day was funny cause he was so nervous/excited but he walked in smiling and he made friends really fast. He knew one of the boys because they played b-ball together, so that helped. I think I posted about Jay's first day so I'm gonna skip to Ariana!




Nana was really sad that she couldn't go to school with Jay cause Jay also goes to school with 5 of his 1st cousins so it was hard for Ariana to understand why she had to go to a different school. I tried to explain to her that me and her dad are just doing what we think is best for our kids. And being at Emerson is (to me) a better atmosphere, and smaller classrooms mean more one on one time with the teacher. She was upset, but the 1st day she was excited. Funny story: Last year when she started I woke up late and we got her ready all cute and stuff, and I took her up there all JACKED up...my hair was pulled back in a bun (flurrys everywhere), had my pj's on still, and we str8 up walked in the school like I looked cute! Ariana was so mad at me, she was like,"OMG all the parents took showers, and got ready mom, look at you!" hahaha So this time I got up and got ready and Jay came along with us, and right when we got up to the front, within minutes about 4-5 boys and girls noticed Ariana and came up to her with open arms hugging and complimenting how cute she looked. Immediately Ariana (and me) felt so at ease and super excited about school. I think she was just nervous that she wouldn't see her friends, because Ariana doesn't get to hang out with her "eastsider" friends everyday....she only sees them at school...so I think that was the reason she was nervous. But Ariana is such a great friend, I knew she would be fine. I gave her a hug and kiss and we left...I was so mad cause I forgot my camera...so I took a pic of her running home to see her baby sister after getting dropped off by the bus. I'm glad my kids are in school, and I'm glad they are good friends to their friends. I always tell my kids that if they choose good friends they will be fine in life. Because like I say "You are who you hang with".

4 comments:

Sinai said...

Laughing at your "looked jacked up" 'cause that's kinda hard for me to believe. I know you still looked cute! Congrats on their first day of school -- I know what you mean about the going to different schools -- that was my 2nd kid last year. Hard for us parents to work it out, but well worth it!!!

Ane said...

Please Anna, your jacked up is better than my dressed up! ;) Ariana is such a cute big sis! Next time we should take the kids to play at the park when I am on the real...Wesssside! lol! Love the post! One to cherish for sure!

The NyDegger's said...

She is a cutie!! And I agree with Nai I can't pix you looking "jacked up" PULEASE...whatever!! Congrats on another year of getting your two oldest into school, I have yet to know that feeling but I'm sure I'll enjoy it like the rest of you guys!!

Klarah said...

I knew she would do fine!! She is an all around kind of girl!!!:) Even if she hasnt seen her friends in a few months she was that good to them that they were excited to have her back!! Oh and as for looking jacked, have you seen how jacked I look walking T.j to school in the morning!!! Now that is jacked!! I think thats why my son runs most of the way!!LOL!! Your a wonderful mom!!