Tuesday, April 14, 2009

OVERPROTECTIVE?


Okay so I've been really stressing these past 2 days. Ariana my daughter has been invited to her best friend at schools b'day party. So my dilemma!! It's a sleep-over and I don't know the parents. Ariana has been giving me a hard time about it. Pulu seems fine with it, until I mentioned to both of them last night during FHE I said it's dangerous, I don't feel comfortable letting my little girl into a home I don't know anything about. Pulu told Ariana I was right and she cried of course. I know when I was little my mom let me go to so many sleep-overs but she knew the parents. I went to school in my neighborhood. So I guess that's where the problem lies. Ariana goes to school up on the east side, and therefore I don't know any of the parents. I feel like it's partially my fault! I've always been involved with Ariana and Jays school. I would volunteer all the time. I now know I need to get back to doing that. So anywho I talked to Ariana's friends dad and he then told me well Ariana can just come to her b'day party and not sleep over I thought that was a good idea, until he said his wife wasn't gonna be there and that she works nights, and then he told me I could drop her off @ 4:30pm tonight when yesterday he told me the party started at 6pm? I was just really iffy by then. So she won't be going at all tonight, I talked to my mom and she said she would go with Ariana tomorrow to watch the Hannah Montana movie with them. Cause he's taking them to watch that tomorrow at 4:30pm. So I know Ariana is gonna be upset with me, but I am soo worried! I mean it only takes one time to change a girls life!! Anyone think I'm trippin?? I don't want to be paranoid. But I don't know what else to do?

7 comments:

MARCIA said...

Well I am an overprotective mom, so I totally agree with you. I wouldn't let my kids sleep over even if I knew the parents. Only close familia and friends is all that is allowed. I agree with you when you say 'it only takes one time to change a girls life.' This world is crazy and you never know. You say it's partly your fault that you don't know the parents and that you don't volunteer, I don't agree with that. Imagine what you would feel if something did happen to her. You're a loving mother and even though Nana doesn't understand now, she'll appreciate and understand in the future.
Love ya sis

Halli said...

Anna, I totally agree with you. Actually Moleni and I just had this discussion last week. My parents were very protective and I remember in 3rd grade I was invited to my "best friends" birthday sleep over. My dad was so against it. I cried and cried. Then to compromise he had to take me over to the house and pulled the parents outside to speak with them one on one. The talked forever and I was so embarrassed because my parents were the only ones who seemed to have a problem with it. Now looking back on it I don't know how they ever let me go. We didn't know those people at all. And like you said, anything, yes anything could happen...you just never know. So being safe is my vote! You're a good mother go with your instincts.

pwincessdi said...

Thanks Cia and Halli!! I just came back from lunch at my moms house (Ariana's there) she wouldn't even talk to me. But I told her if she were to get hurt, I could never ever get over that! It would hurt me too much. So I hope she understands. I then told her if she keeps ignoring me I was gonna punch her face and really never let her go to anyones b'day party! lol...But yeah she will be going to the movies with them tomorrow. (I'll be going too) LMBO!! And that was the final answer!! hehehe I feel at ease now..thanks for the comments! :)

Kalolaine said...

Wow no kidding watching the news and stuff scares the crap out of me and I just wanna lock my daughter up in our home and have her only be friends with me for the rest of her life! yeah sad... so ur sooo right to worry, what else are we here to do! I would rather be tough on them then be crying and wishing you kept them closer... your a great mom and your daughter will love you for it

NONU6 said...

I totally agree with you on that one. My parents were the same way. If they didn't know them, it was an absolute no. Our children are just too precious to trust with just ANYONE. Kudos for standing your ground. She'll understand when she gets older.

pwincessdi said...

thanks to all who posted!! I am glad there are mothers out there who feel my pain!! All of you have great advice and I read it to my daughter last night, and she said she understands completely...especially when my bro in law said just think of the movie TAKEN! lol..she was like now I'm scared! hahaha so thanks for the love and comments! :)

Tala Motuliki said...

Ana, I totally argree with you too. You know the whole change of times thing did throw me off too. I don't think the dad is a freak or anything but because I dont feel solid about it, I wouldn't do it. Even though you arent heloing out at the school snymore, I still think you are a great mom! And Im sure your kids LOVE you to dealth reguardless. I suggest just taking Arianna out or planning something fun to do instead of the bday party, to keep her mind off not being able to attend... theres plenty of birthday sleepovers with peeps you know....tell her I love her!! and that she can come sleep over on my BDAY!!! LOL