Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GREAT OPPORTUNITIES!!


So as you all know I have been pretty stressed out lately with all that has been going on in my life. Mostly with my hubby out of work. We finally found out why he hasn't been able to get a job! His brother used his name about 5 years ago and so Pulu has a misdemeanor for alcohol consumption!! YES I know it's ridiculous!! I couldn't believe it, I was angry, mad, sad cause he could've been working all ready, and just plain bummed out! We are taking the necessary steps to take it off his record tho..... onto the GOOD NEWS!!! I am just loving work!! My boss took me into her office a week ago and she said that our HR assistant was going part time. So she asked me if I would be willing to cover the rest of the time she wasn't around. I am part time anyways and so I come in at 12:30-6pm. So now I come in and the morning receptionist goes to lunch for an hour and I cover for her and when she comes back I go to work as HR assistant!! It's awesome cause I love doing clerical work...and I can go to the bathroom whenever I feel the need(pregos understand), and I don't need to call someone to come up and watch the phones!! hahaha So I'll be doing workers comp, deposits, time sheets, new hires, garnishments, and keeping the files up to date! I love doing that kind of work. It makes the time go by faster and I enjoy it. I am so grateful for the job I have, and they told me after I have my baby that I can take a month to a month and a half off...so I was pretty happy about that. I am nervous that after I do have the baby I won't want to go back, but I know I need to. My job and boss are soo nice to me, I mean super duper sweet!! They are throwing me a baby shower, and today we're having jamba juice for employee appreciation and then Thursday my boss is taking me, the morning receptionist, and HR assistant out to lunch. It's such a great feeling when I'm there. I feel relaxed and I feel like I'm making a difference when I'm working. I am just so grateful everyday to have a job especially with the economy nowadays. I never thought I would be happy to work!!

7 comments:

carolineluvsulysses said...

oh man I know how that can be! good thing you guys know what to do now.. cool job so glad your lovin it especially when ur pregnant, everything makes me cry lol

Ane said...

Love the positive outlook you have sis! Your company sounds wonderful! Sorry I had to hang up so quickly, the kids were restless and I needed to put them to bed. I hope you get rest when you need it! Dang your bro in law....sheesh! That sux...I am glad you are getting everything taken care of!! Love ya!!

Klarah said...

Congrats on moving up!! Your job sounds like fun!! What a wonderful enviorment to be around.I just hope that I could find the same!! Or at least hope that the enviorment at my job changes!! I'm glad your moving up!! I hear a promotion in your feature!!! have a great day at work!! Talk to ya later!!!

MARCIA said...

Good things come to those who wait...Congratulations!! You have so much faith and drive that all the Lord can do is bless you with great things. I'm so proud of you for not giving up. You are a great example to all who know you!! Your company is so sweet to you. That's cool that they're throwing you a shower. You should put the song, Movin on Up, on you blog!! Love ya!

pwincessdi said...

Thanks ya'll!! I truly do feel blessed. I was trying to add songs to my page Cia but...technical difficulties!! lol..but thank you for your kind words everyone. This company is really sweet, and I thank God everyday for leading me here!!

Tala Motuliki said...

thats so good ana!!! Bad news and then the good news...Im glad that you are enjoying working while being pregnant...it makes the pregnancy go by faster...LOL, and all those bathroom breaks!!! Well congrats to you and your promotion, you deserve it!

Kassie said...

Props to you working, I love working too, it makes the pregnancy go by soooo much faster and it keeps me busy! :) You'll love HR! I'm actually really sad to leave my job this summer, maybe I won't! hahaha