Monday, April 27, 2009

i'M baCk!!

aunt darlene & son Joseph
Cia si'i, Serena, and me

oldest sis Geraldine, my mom, and youngest Darlene



My mom with lil sis Darlene



My mom, oldest bro George, niece, and my dad




My mom with nephew (Geraldine's son) Eddie and my dad

Eddie and aunt toots reuniting

Some of the Motuliki familia

My cousin Marcos in the glasses (brown suit)

Joe and wifey Melissa
Sacramento Airport baggage claim
KJ got a kick outta all the bags! It was cool.


Sacramento was beautiful weather! When we arrived we got the car rental and headed to my aunt Darlene's house. It wasn't too bad gettin there. Me, Bubs, his son KJ, and my mom drove about 25-30 mins to get to her house. Her house is beautiful. It's huge and upstairs there's a game room and that's where the kids spent the majority of their time. It was just really nice to see my aunties. When we got there they came outside and hugged us...and it was funny cause they didn't know who Bubs was!! hahaha I think they thought he was my husband cause they were introducing themselves to him!! AHAHAAHA but yeah we cleared that up when we went inside and started chatting away!! It was just so nice to see my mom reunited with her sisters. I just sat back and watched them interact as if they were never apart!! It was neat to look and observe the way they talk. A lot of their facial expressions are exactly alike!! It was really weird...but anyways Friday night we just hung out, went to the rental house she set us up in, got situated there and had Rico's pizza and ate and really just kicked it and caught up on eachothers lives! Saturday was the wedding day but first we had to wake up hella early and of course hit up the swap meet!! I mean come on you can't go to Cali and not go to a swap meet!! lol...So we all headed over there and it was really fun. I got Ariana a tetherball, and Jay a boxingbag with gloves all for just under 20 bucks!! I know you can't beat that right. My mom got me some slippers cause my feet were like swelling up in my shoes!! hahahah so yeah it was nice to let them breathe while walking for hours!! Next we all rushed home and got ready for the wedding ceremony. My moms family isn't LDS so it was at a Catholic church. Wow it was a looong wedding. But after the wedding was done....we all went to the reception! There were no kids allowed so we had to make arrangements for the kids to be watched. So me, cia, lina, eta, lame, and my mom and dad were able to attend and it was a really beautiful lodge they had it in. The decorations were just beautiful. Anyways that's where we all really let loose and danced the night away. (prally not a good idea for me) but I did and I got it the next day and even today!! lol...Almost everyone there thought Lina and my dad were drunk! hahaha it was really fun to get acquainted with my Velasquez side. It's been long overdue. I had a great time, and I know we'll stay in touch more often now. I'm just really glad my mom had a blast with her sisters....by the way they don't call her Connie, in fact no one in Sacramento do...they all know my mom as "TOOTS" hahaha isn't that funny!! That's been my moms nickname since she was a girl. Anyways just thought I'd blog about the great trip. The downside was my allergies. I was suppose to stay til today, but came back Sunday cause my allergies were not the bizness out there!! Yeah my nose was like a waterfall!! Ask all my family...I swear I should've lost 15lbs just from snot!! (ewww gross) I know!! hahahahaha

3 comments:

MARCIA said...

Yeah, the line at the end of your blog, is pretty nasty. I should have taken a pic of you and your snot bag...LOL hahaha Oh and Josephs wifes name is Melanie, not Melissa. Just thought I'd help you out there. You probably couldn't understand the priest say her name cause you were mesmerized by all his beautiful siniging..hahaha It was a fun trip. I loved it!!

Kassie said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog and well wishes! :) Your family is so cute!!! xoxoxoxxo

Klarah said...

These pics are very cute!! I'm glad you came home, it was kind of sad watching you walk around with a plastic bag filled with tissue!!LOL!! Well hopefully you get over your allergies and take your whole family out there for a vacation!!! Before your baby is born!!! Maybe, if not theres always next year!!!