Friday, October 10, 2014

Spiritual Growth

I look forward to General Conference every 6 months! It's a great time to be reminded of things we need to work on. It's a beautiful time to hear from the leaders of the church who are inspired by God to enlighten us members. This year was no different I was up making breakfast & getting ready to hear the words of our prophets. This year I didn't take notes. First year actually...what a mistake! I'm upset that I thought I'd remember everything. My kids watched conference with my parents and to my surprise they really watched & listened to the talks! They came home & shared their fave speakers. It was awesome! Seriously was an A+ parenting moment! Lol. My favorite talk was Carlos Godoy of the Q70. His talk really hit me like a ton of bricks! He spoke about patriarchal blessings. And what The Lord expects us to do & become. His will not ours. The reason why I loved his talk was because this topic has been a long debate, argument, disagreement between my husband and I. So I'm sooo grateful for his wise words saying everything I've always felt. It was amazing! I hope when the ensign comes out that my hubby can really study Godoys talk because I felt like it was meant for him. Another talk was Richard G Scott! He spoke about 4 things we need to do. 1- family prayer. 2- Family Home Evening 3- Scripture Study 4- Regularly going to the Temple. Simple & we hear it a lot. But it's needed! I loved it! We are working on it & I'm always grateful & edified after conference. (: 

No comments: