Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Selu Loiola Ika
Pulus grandma Selu Loiola Uipi-Ika was called back home to our Heavenly Father on June 20th, 2014 around 5am. She was surrounded by her family & sweet eternal companion that whole week prior. Asaeli never left her side. He was such a wonderful supportive companion to her. He was patient, loving, affectionate & kind. In our last week with Selu, we definitely made the best of it. We took family pics with her, we spent every day there, we laughed, cried, sang her fave hymn songs. We gathered as a family in fast & prayer. Prayers were answered & Selu was in no pain when she passed & she was sleeping, in my opinion that's the best way to go. Something that I'll never forget was in the week before she passed my son Jay was there at her house every minute of everyday. I didn't notice until Thursday night how much this was affecting my son. I noticed he walked into her room & so I followed. He was in there giving her a kiss & telling her he loved her. I did likewise as I had a deep feeling she was going to pass. I brushed my fingers through her hair & told her I loved her so much as I kissed her forehead. The next morning she passed and after we said our goodbyes before the coroner came, my sister inlaw told me that Selus sister Ane had told all the children to not come in her sisters room anymore because Selu had gotten a fever and she didn't want so many people around her. She told the adults that they needed to come in two at a time as if she was in the hospital. All of this was spoken in Tongan so of course my son had no idea what she was saying. He continued to walk in the room and kiss her and hug her and stare at her and he did this every day for the whole week. At first Ane was going to say something to him but there was something about him that she really loved. She loved that he was so gentle with her sister and that he was quiet & somber. She later told me after Selus passing that she could really tell that my son loved her sister. I had no idea that Jay was doing that because there were so many others there. It made my heart melt to know my son has such a deep love that is so quiet, meek & humble. He truly humbled me. On that Fri morning when we got the news she passed. I woke up Jay & told him. He sobbed & cried a cry I've never heard. He said to me, "Mom I couldn't sleep, that's why mom it's cause I knew she was gonna die". I held him & let him cry. I then dropped off Pulu & Jay to Selus & Jay told me that Grampa Asaeli never cried until he seen Jay crying on Selus chest. It was sad. I'm grateful my kids had a bond to her even with the language barrier they felt the love from Grandma Selu. I knew exactly how they felt because I went through the same thing with my own grandmother Ilaise. Bella had a special bond with Selu as well. Since she was soo young she would always go to her, and uma her. I can't help to think it's because of my grandma Ilaise that took care of Bella in Heaven. Because Bella also adores my dad. When we buried Selu. We were driving home & I asked Bella is grama Selu by the temple? (Cause on our way up to the burial she said that to me) Then we passed by the temple & I asked her. She replied, "No! She's with Jesus in Heaven!" It really choked me up. The veil is so thin for her & I can't help to think she really knew what she was saying. The funeral went beautifully & it was the most packed funeral I've seen. She was truly loved by many! As her loving hubby as well. I felt the spirit strongly & I'm grateful for the Plan of Salvation & knowledge we have that Families are Eternal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment