Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Surgery
My mom had her surgery today at 6am and she was out at around 12noon. She had her surgery at The Huntsman Cancer Institute. The docs said my moms surgery went really well. They did a liposcopic surgery so she has 3 incisions and they took her uterus out vaginally which was a blessing, because if it was too big they would've had to cut her open to remove it. So all in all they said it went great. When they looked inside the uterus they said all the cancer was in the middle of her uterus and when they put cameras down the sides to see if it had spread they said there was NOTHING. So we are extremely grateful for such great doctors and nurses at the Huntsman Institute. They have treated my mom so kindly and with great compassion. It's a great place to recover, even I felt totally relaxed! I was up there from 1pm-9:30pm and I was so grateful to have spent so much time taking care of my mother. It was very humbling for me because my mom is a fighter and very very independent. Having her lean on me and ask me to wipe her face, or put lotion on her, or feed her, help her up, give her a drink etc...gave me great pleasure and I know it was hard for my mom to have to be so helpless. But I hope it gave her an idea of how much we as her children will do for her in time of need. She has always told us that if and when she gets too old to go to the bathroom by herself or if she gets amnesia or can't take care of herself to put her in an old folks home! I hope this changed her mind. I loved being there for her, and helping her and it also made me realize how much I would love to be a nurse one day. I'm so grateful my mom is ok, we will get the results next week. Now it's on to the road of recovery. Thank you to everyone who had my mom in their thoughts and prayers. I love you! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing, you are such a great daughter! I am so grateful to hear that everything went well! :) Please let me know if there is any way I can help out. Hope you are able to get some rest too! Love you!
What a sweet post! Glad to hear that everything went well with your mom's surgery. I know how much that can weigh on you emotionally and physically. Wishing you and your mom the best :)
So happy everything went well! Glad your Mom had great Doctor's and Nurses. Especially Nurse Anna;) Your a great Daughter! I hope she has a quick recovery.
So glad to hear that everything went well with your mom's surgery. Huntsman Cancer Institute is awesome! You are a great daughter and your mom is just as blessed to have you as you are to have your her! <3 ya!
Post a Comment