Friday, June 4, 2010
I don't understand?
I was visited by a good friend of ours from High School/Neighborhood, and he was telling me about how well he was doing, he had just bought a house in Taylorsville, he had 3 jobs...which were all really good jobs...blah blah blah. He said he couldn't understand how me and Pulu could still live in Glendale & raise our kids here? I didn't say anything at first...but as I thought about that. I had come to the conclusion that I LOVE LIVING HERE. I am so serious, I love the fact that I am literally 10 mins away from the airport (Pulu's work), I love that my kids can go to a great school by catching the bus on my corner, I love the ward I'm in, I love that downtown is 5 mins away, I love that Walmart, soon to be Target, the Gateway Mall is all 5-7mins away. Seriously Glendale is such a great LOCATION. Yes the neighborhood is NOT the best, but all in all there's no place I would love to be more. I know that I won't raise my kids here and I do want a better life for my children...but when I think of my childhood, I think of FUN, and the bestest times of my life! So to say how could we live here and raise our children here as a bad thing....I think not. I know the statistics and I know that there are shootings, and gangs, and all that other stuff but that was here even when I was growing up and I think I turned out GREAT! lol...I am so glad for being raised in the neighborhood I was raised in, I am happy Pulu's not working 3 jobs to make a mortgage payment, I am glad we are not worldly people, and know that it's not about the neighborhood, work, or house. It's about what you put into it (spiritually). My eyes have been opened and I'm not trying to put down my friend or say he's worldy (maybe I am a lil) but I just feel happy and I know that in the future Pulu and I will eventually leave...but not because it's a bad neighborhood, only because my dream house is above East High! haha Just my thoughts for the night :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I know what you mean, when people ask me where I live & I say Glendale they get all quiet & give me this pitty look...LOL. I LOVE this area too because of many of the reasons you listed:)
How rude is your friend to say it like that..... I don't know the guy, but made me think he felt like he was better than you guys.... (did that make sense?? lol) So not cool.... your post was very well-worded.... it's not what or where you grew up, it's how you did! You go girl! :)
Geez, what a jerk! Seriously! Don't invite HIM over anymore! I wonder who this jerk is!? What's the big deal with people putting down the hood! lol! For reals it gets on my nerves! I definitely am glad to have grown up in Glendale and I think it's still a great place to live. Yes, like you said there are dangerous things that happen in Glendale...but regardless of where you live, things happen..people do dumb things. I love the homes above EHS too! But I don't think I would want to live up there..I am a WEST SIDAH fo' life! :)
People say the same thing about me living in Rose Park but I love it for all the same reasons... Tell him to get over himself! haha.
that is how I feel about my Kearns :) I know he's your "friend" and all, but I'm sorry that's just plain arrogant!
I agree, he was being rude even though he didn't know it and yes, it's not worth it to go work 3 jobs just for a mortgage payment. That's insane. As long as there is love in the home and you get to spend time with your family. That's all that matters. Sounds like this guy spends more time at work trying to keep this house, instead of time with his loved ones.
Post a Comment