Monday, March 1, 2010

Scary Thought

Isn't he just soo cute! ALANIKASI SATINI
So this past Saturday was such a sad day...my cousin Vika Satini lost her baby boy Alanikasi to SIDS. He was only 1 years old. I cannot tell you how sad this was for me to hear! My heart melted and my thoughts went immediately to my baby Selini. The thought of her passing away and being with me for a short period of time was so gut wrenching to think about. I cried my eyeballs out thinking about it. Selini was in my room sleeping and I walked in there and stared at her crying, and quietly thanked the Lord for giving her to me, and allowing me to see her everyday. I don't know what Vika is going thru, I hope to never feel that pain. I know as a mother that that would be the WORSE feeling in the world for me to have to deal with. I can't write that without crying still. I am going over to her house tonight, just to give her my love and compassion. I know nothing me and my sisters/friends say can ease her pain, but I hope she will look back and know that we were there for her in this hard hard time in her and her families life! Please pray for her and her family, if u are reading this blog. I know prayers are answered and heard, so if you would put their family in your prayers I know It'd help.

6 comments:

Kassie said...

Seriously.. SIDS is so scary and the thought of it freaks me the hell out. I pray for Ray and Vika, I dont know them, but I can't imagine what they're going through at this time. :(

KoliRinaLanaKaiJrSaia said...

I will keep your cousin and her family in my prayers! What a hard thing to go through! I could never imagine what she is feeling right now. Much love to you and your cousin as well as all of you who are in pain because of this sad time you all are going through!

Anonymous said...

That is so sad our prayers are with them. So scary! I'm gonna hug my lil ones a lil longer and tighter tonight love you anna!

Tala Motuliki said...

i can't even think about it without crying! Saturday was one of the top ten saddest days in my life! I was putting Jaida to sleep when Kel came into the room and told me, and I could not stop crying, Kel had to take over. Still, a few days later, I can't get over the fact that this could have been us. After this whole pregnancy thing, it reminded me to be thankful for what I have. Vika, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers all day, Im soooo sorry for your loss! We love you guys!

Ane said...

I feel so bad for them, he is such a cutie! I am also glad you were there to support her. I know that has to be the hardest thing to face. Thanks for posting this. I will definitely be tons more grateful! Love ya!

Jobi Niu said...

How sad is that?? My gosh. What a lil cutie.