Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WEDDING BELLS...


Well maybe not bells...but I wanted to congratulate my lil sis inlaw Leafa on getting married to her long time boyfriend Alo Faletau. They were married yesterday and are expecting their first child Oct. 13th. They were really not wanting to have a big wedding because they felt that since it wasn't a temple marriage that they shouldn't celebrate!! I was like ummm no you need to celebrate this, it's a stepping stone to being sealed. I mean you can't change the past, and I told her you know all you can do is move forward...and it was sad cause her mom wasn't there cause she was traveling from Tonga and none of her bros were there including my hubby all had to work, and her dad of course wasn't there cause I don't even think he knew about it...but I just thought sheesh this is sad. I'm glad I was there to witness their wedding. I told her afterwards that we should go out and eat cause it's not a bad thing..although it's not a temple marriage I still believe that you should celebrate so we went to Chucks. Some would dis-agree with me...but I feel like if you made a mistake and you are trying to render it, go ahead and celebrate cause it's a great stepping stone to being sealed! I hope and pray Leafa n Alo will make it to the temple. I am so excited for the birth of their baby girl, come Oct. I'm excited for my hubby cause he'll finally have a neice on his side!! We are the only ones that have girls on his side. So this will be a nice addition to the Otukolo side, girls are comin up!! haha Anywho just wanted to share this great news with ya'll!!

3 comments:

Ane said...

Congratulations Leafa!! That sure is something to celebrate, couldn't agree with you more..great post Ann. How was your flag day experience? ;)

pwincessdi said...

flag day was good. I like the fry bread and baby was soo good she didn't wake up or fuss and the weather was pretty breezy so that was nice. I wanna go tomorrow, but we'll see how baby is. Hope to see ya there and thanks for posting!! :)

MARCIA said...

What a cute post Anna. I know exactly how she feels, so I understand what she is going through. But I'm glad that you were there to let her know that it is not a shameful thing when you're trying to better the situation. What a good sis in law!! Congratulations Leafa and Alo. Your temple wedding will be absolutely beautiful!!!