Monday, June 1, 2009

opposition

I thought I should write about opposition....on Sunday I was not really in a great mood. I have been so moody lately!! Partly cause I'm pregnant, another reason is I'm always always hot, and last but not least their have been so many obstacles in my way. (I'll get to that later)...so I went to church I would say not in the right state of mind. During our sunday school lesson, I was kinda there, but not really...and so I focused on why I was there and decided to listen. As I listened I heard a very beautiful lesson!!! She was talking about how we cannot appreciate a rainbow without going through the storm...She went on and I started thinking yeah she's right I need to appreciate what I do have, and not look at what I should have or what I don't have. It's been a tough year for me. This pregnancy for one, has been really painful! I can't believe all the aches and pains came with this pregnancy!! But I know after all is said and done, I will be blessed with a beautiful baby! (I keep reminding myself) Anyways Pulu and I have been in a financial struggle lately and there were so many obstacles in our way like him not finding a good job for months. We fasted, prayed, and were at a dead end...we finally found out that he has a misdemeanor on his record so that changes everything!! His brother used his name a while back and we are suffering now!! But this has changed us dramatically. I was angry with Pulu! I thought well he could do more, he could try harder, he could get that expunged! So I waited patiently to see what Pulu would do....he got a job working for his sister setting up banquets which I'm thankful for that income, because the tips are great. Then my older brother offered Pulu a job working with him...which is a sales man job, and I had no faith in Pulu in this field cause to me that's not Pulu. You think I would be happy right? WRONG I was still not satisfied, I was angry with my husband and just not really happy at all. So I went to get my temple recommend renewed and I had a wonderful talk with one of the counselors and I went home and later that night I sat Pulu down and talked to him. Let's juss say it didn't go well. Then today he tried to talk to me and I was just so emotional, he was trying to get inside of my head and I was not willing to open up which is really weird for me because I usually am trying to do that to Pulu. I went to my room locked the door and cried...I sat there talking to myself like why are you crying, he apologized, he loves u, what's wrong??...I sat there and he kept knocking on the door, I sat there crying and trying to figure myself out...was I having a prego moment?...was I upset at him still? was his apology not good enough? I didn't know...and so I picked up my scriptures started reading..NOTHING came to me. I grab my patriarchal blessing and I read the whole thing. IT comes to me!! So Pulu comes in and he's asking what's bothering me? I get up face him and I tell him I'm angry! I'm angry with a lot of things, I started naming off a lot of things that had built up inside of me, and it felt sooo good to let it all out! Pulu was soo great to sit and listen. And after my lil cry baby moment, I remembered the lesson in Sunday school about opposition. I was so grateful I had listened to it, because it made me realize what's really important to me. That's my faith, my family, what I am gonna take with me after this life! It's hard not to think of money and how much stress that would take off my shoulders if we just had it like that...but it's not important. How we live our lives is what matters and how we serve others!! This was a great lesson I learned on my own, and I thought I would share! I know a lot of us out there are struggling in one way or another...but if we really do sit down listen patiently our answers do come to us! I'm grateful for my loving Heavenly Father for comforting me in my time of need and teaching me that it's okay to go thru the hard times, that way I can enjoy the good times!

6 comments:

Klarah said...

I'm sorry you weren't having a great day!! On a good note you still have Pulu trying to improve and thats always something needed in a relationship!! I to was having a whining moment today!!LOL!! I know I'm not prego but I still have alot to stress about!!LOL!! You are such a great inspiration to me!!Just to see how you cope with your trials is so amazing to me because I can never be that patient! I always blow up!! I'm trying though!! Well my dear I hope your day gets better!!
Love ya,
Klarah

IONGI FAMILY said...

Im glad I'm not the only one who has those kinds of moments ( funny thing is im not prego either lol) Glad you shared that!! and glad ur day ended up bein better!!! it always feel good to CRY!!! and let ur frustration

pwincessdi said...

Thanks for the love gals...I know I'm not the onlee one that goes thru these fits of rage, and crying outbursts!! So thanks for feelin me!!! Klarah come on over when you feel under the weather!! love you!! :)

Jobi Niu said...

Awww. What a sweet post! I loved the saying "In order to get see a rainbow you have to go through the storm". This story totally reminded me of something that would happen between Enoch and I. LOL. We got lucky with great hubby's huh? I love my patriarchal blessing too. Sometimes it's good to jsut have a good cry huh?
On another note.. I HATE Enoch's job too! The hours SUCK. Sometimes I wonder.. "Is the money REALLY worth it?" I NEVER see him. I need help. Even those weeks that he works hours and hours and hours and no sale.. UGH! It sucks! But those weeks that he makes an amazing check keeps me going. But girl, I'm SOO sick of it too! We keep paying our tithing and praying and we've been doing fine and I still haven't had to work. Anyways, love ya girl, hang in there! :]

pwincessdi said...

I know exactly what you mean!! It really is a test of faith and endurance, don't ya think?? Pulu really believes in this job...me on the other hand am skeptical. One thing I do know is that I'm grateful that he's making something!! lol..but it still is a struggle!! I'm so surprised that you don't like his job, cause I've heard so many positive things about Enoch. I heard he's like the top notch sales man!! Anyway glad you feel mah pain!! hahaha I'll ttyl!! Tell Grace we said hello :)

Tala Motuliki said...

Anna...I love this....I love that saying, "if we didnt go throught the storm, we wouldnt be able to enjoy the rainbow... Im glad tha you figured this out... Kiss baby for me!!!